My AP

OK today a big monkey wrench is now into the build gear's! :angry: I have to stop the build of any thing and now have to 1) Get used to how the new med's mess me up a tad, and 2) To now shift gear's to get ready for a review by Vet Affair's here and work with my VA supplied "Lie-er" and get affidavits and the like ready for November....this suck's :angry: , but if all go's well I should be look'in good for some pension stuff by mid November, and back at it on my AP TK,RT TK,CT rig, and now have my E3 bucket on the way and my Mando lid's and stuff comming! Hell, I should be 501st ready by hmmmmmmm, end Dec with at least one set done! :wacko: ......... :P

Looking good Steve. You can overlap the back of the shins or butt seam them and cover them with a finishing strip for the ANH look. I started a thread on the subject, something like "how do you close the back of the shins" or something like that. Try search for it.

I ended up butt seaming mine and using strips to cover the back.

Based on your kit, the alignment is off just like Stuka's build. Similar to the issues I have (check my build thread). I found I needed to use a heat gun and iron to get things to line up the way I wanted to.

• 3 weeks later...
Looking good Steve. You can overlap the back of the shins or butt seam them and cover them with a finishing strip for the ANH look. I started a thread on the subject, something like "how do you close the back of the shins" or something like that. Try search for it.

I ended up butt seaming mine and using strips to cover the back.

Based on your kit, the alignment is off just like Stuka's build. Similar to the issues I have (check my build thread). I found I needed to use a heat gun and iron to get things to line up the way I wanted to.

you only need all that if you don't apply the proper trimming, and torque to line up the butt end style of trim.

the AP kit only needs to be trimmed out to the cut lines and leave a little extra, apply torque, glue and

everything lines up fine.

if you cut it shorter or smaller to fit like in stukatroopers tutorials then you'll need an iron and such

to help line them up.

the shins are not duplicates of each other... no leg parts fit inside each other, only the bicep, and forearms are the same pieces.

and if you look in the film, some of the armor is assembled incorrectly... so that shows the variations.