HOWTO: Snap Tutorial

Sgt JB

So I REALLY didn't want straps going from my biceps to my forarms, I wanted them to be independent of the rest of my armor. I also didn't want to put anything through my body suit, or to have anything rely on the body suit for connection. so I came up with this idea, and hope it's helpful.

First thing I did was to attach an interior snap piece to the inside of my forarm...

BI7mPHf.jpg

Next I attached the outside of the snap to a 3" section of nylon strap

WV9uIT5.jpg

using hockey tape, I tape the nylon strap to my forarm like so...

TYJSd4k.jpg

then attach the snap with a finger from the other hand and it's on there!!

X0JGtAq.jpg

wzEJKte.jpg

has worked out very well for me so far, doesn't twist around, and it's attached quite well, doesn't pull on my biceps or shoulder straps at all.

I used black hockey stick tape, but I'm thinking of going to clear sock tape, as it's cheaper, and easier to take off...

my only fear of this is how will the fabric hold up after a could troopers????

( i what is hockey tape??)

my only fear of this is how will the fabric hold up after a could troopers????

( i what is hockey tape??)

fabric tape for hockey sticks (sorry, I keep forgetting hockey's a regional thing)

I had the same fear, that's why I'm going to switch to sock tape. It's the tape that hockey players use to hold up their socks. it's a clear tape that's designed to come off easily, doesn't mess with the fabric. I guess any sports tape would work fine, I haven't seen any pulling or anything from the bodysuit yet.

you could try and sew the strap to that part of the forearm so you dont have to use tape at all. save more $$

I thought if that, but then there's unsupported pressure on the body suit, and I didn't want that, the tape puts the weight of the armor piece on my arm, and not on the bodysuit.

It is certainly a novel idea on how to hold up your forearms. Although I think elastic on the inside elbow would be easier and screen accurate..... And it really does not add any weight to the costume by doing so and is by far the most comfortable way I have had my arms, I really forget they are they while at events ;)

• 3 years later...