RoTJ E-11 mystery part

Nassik

I'm trying to figure out what the piece on the RoTJ E-11 is that rests where the Hengstler counter goes on an ANH E-11.

post-9972-1254526559_thumb.jpg

I know that it gets referred to as a door catch but upon examining the piece in photos I just don't think that it's a door catch of any kind. Not even a window latch or any kind of strike plate. The piece is too complex for a door catch. Why is there a hole in the side of this piece? And what is the purpose of the hemispherical bit on the rear underside of this piece? These are details that aren't found on a door catch.

I'm inclined to think that this may be another part from a gun or rifle. That would account for the details of this item.

I started paying attention to this piece after I received a resin door catch for the RoTJ E-11 from Smitty. No offense intended to Smitty, but his piece isn't correct. Not if this picture is any indication.

Does anyone have any insight on this part? I've spent hours looking through parts diagrams of various Winchester rifles, looking at door catches from the UK, window latches, and strike plates. I can't discover the identity of the RoTJ hammer greeblies either but Smitty's hammers look right to me.

Wow that does look different than mine. I wish I knew what the found part was. Looks like the center rectangle on that is recessed where on mine its raised. Oh well mine was the best I could come up with given the templates on the blaster builders club website. I still wish I could get the found parts for the ESB blaster alligator clips.

As far as the hammers go, I couldnt find identical ones either. The closest I could find was the colt .45 pistol hammer but even it has some differences.

Could it be an older dovetail sight riser / mount? The tapered grooves on the sides reminds me of a dovetail sight mount, possibly from an old rifle of some kind?

Like this but a different model?

------------

My only other guess would be a security latch for a door or patio door.

Edited by gmrhodes13
link not working removed