Philippines Typhoon victims.

2155TK

TK-2155 Luis here guys. As you know during saturday last week Manila got hit hard by typhoon Ondoy(Ketsana). A lot of people lost their homes and lives. Floods and waters rose till neck deep in some areas. The rivers surrounding the metro rose so high that it overflowed to the cities and homes, cars were floating and streets looked like rivers themselves.

I was fortunate enough that only a part of my house got flooded due to water that was creeping in thru the floor. My car was not as lucky,half of the car was submerged in flood :(

My relatives were not as fortunate as floods came in and filled up the entire first floor of their house and had to stay on the second floor. Some houses that were bungalows had people staying on the roofs to wait for rescue. I had to help out my uncle lift all the furniture from the house up to safety. It was terrible.My sisters house was worse.flashflood came thru and she was not able to save anything from her home.

Some of my Outpost mates were also hit hard by the typhoon, losing most if not all of their belongings due to the floods. Despite the weather improving during the last few days the floods still remain in some areas. Mud and heath risks still pose a big problem. as well as cleanup on the streets.

Thanks for all your prayers and help! Godbless!

Thank you christaan!

Here are some videos of the typhoon thru youtube..

http://video.search.yahoo.com/search/video...mp;fr=ytff1-tyc

Edited by gmrhodes13
link not working, removed gmrhodes13 2021

Sorry to hear about the typhoon but happy to hear none of your folks lost their lives. Although I've never experienced such a thing, God willing, we in the States are certainly not immune to natural disasters.

Other than thoughts and prayers, anything we can do to help? Also, is there a post on the main Legion board?

Wow dude, sorry to hear that. I don't watch or keep up with the news, so this is news to me! How many troopers lost their gear?

Hey, the 501st does charity work, right? what about an internal fund-raiser to help the Philippines outpost? i know we couldn't possibly expect to raise money to replace their belongings, but what about raising money to help them replace their 501st trooping gear? I don't know how much of a possiblity it is, but I figured i'd throw the idea out there. I know if it happened to me, i'd appreciate it...i mean iff a natural disaster came and tore through my house, and i had a finished set of TK armor, that'd be the most valuable thing in it, both because of cost, and the sheer amount of time and work put into it. I'd be devastated!

That would really help sirs. but i have no idea how to start it. Maybe i can get some advise from the admin.

Again Thanks for all the prayers and help! I have only posted here on the FISD as of the moment.

God bless everyone!