Juvenile Diabetes Walk Sept.22nd

TK9612

Thanks to Butah Fett's idea... :D I have signed up with my local JDRF walk and will be doing it in armor..

and hopefully, I will be with others from my squad and the local fan force.

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

-----------

Edited by gmrhodes13
link not working, removed gmrhodes13 2021

Very cool!!!

I was also able to get my local garrison to get in on the one in Denver on September 16th. This will be my 7th walk, but my first as a member of the 501st and my first in armor. I have had Type 1 diabetes since I was 15 (man, am I old!!), and a fellow trooper locally had his 4 year old son diagnosed last September.

In case you have not already, contact the local JDRF chapter and let them know you want to be a part of their walk. I am on the local board of directors in Denver, and it is AWESOME the amount of excitement this has garnered already. The local chapter is going to include the 501st appearance in their press releases and mailers going out, and we are going to try and get a table for the kids to get stickers and temp tattoos, as well as show the adults what our purpose is.

If you need help figuring out who to contact at your local chapter, let me know. I can get you in contact with the right person, and I assume most chapters will be as excited about this as the one here in Denver is.

Maybe we could get a ton of the 501st to be a part of the walks this year, and make it a really big deal nation wide.

:trooper:

• 3 months later...