sskunkys TE HDPE Helmet WIP

Looks great! Thats a cool helmet. :wub:

Cheers Matti.

I've just given it another coat of Appliance white which is slightly off white and has a great gloss. I think the originals look slightly creamy white not brilliant white so I have opted for that. It gives it that slightly older look which I like.

I'll take some more pics tomorrow in good light and post them up.

That looks fantastic, Mark!

Is it just me, or do the HDPE helmets have a slightly different character than the ABS and styrene ones?

They seem a bit squatter to me.

I dig it!

Thanks alot!

The HDPE do certainly have a different look to all my others . All my others are ABS. I'll take a couple of comparison shots against my SDS tomorrow and post them up if you like. :D

I think the tubes tend to be fatter giving the overall face shape a slightly squatter look. :excl:

Thanks alot!

The HDPE do certainly have a different look to all my others . All my others are ABS. I'll take a couple of comparison shots against my SDS tomorrow and post them up if you like. :D

I think the tubes tend to be fatter giving the overall face shape a slightly squatter look. :excl:

Might be my imagination, but the cheeks look fuller too.

And the cap n' back, of course, is much more defined.

And the back has such a nice, swooping bell shape. Awesome.

I love the bumpy look for a sandy, but I love the added detail in the traps and the ridge for a clean TK.

Post up all the pics you want!

I love lookin' at this stuff. :D

Can't wait to see it all finished out!

Yeah it looks great and I'm chuffed I got one of these HDPEs from Matt they really have a unique look. :wub:

I'm going ESB with this one as I don't have one yet . I have a ANH SFS lid and armor and a ROTJ lid coming from Matt. I managed to get him to persuade his mate that pulled his old ANH sets years ago to sell me his as it was just sitting in the garage. I've been waiting since last December for it to be trimmed, painted, strapped, packed and shipped to me. He has assured me it's coming soon. :)