Back, kidney and butt details

Hi guys.

I have an Fx armour and was considering carrying out some modification to ( hopefully ) get it upto EIB standards. I'm confident to do most of the jobs ( which are minor ), but still don't know the best way to address the back/kidney/butt plate fitting.

At present I have the abs and kidney as a 'clamshell', permanently attached with ABS on both sides ( one glued / one velcro ). I have cut the codpiece and butt section at the same line ( so the bottom of the 'clamshell' is level ).

I want to cut the kidney plate top down to sit under the back plate AND want to have the butt plate 'floating' under the belt ( as required ), but if I raise the belt hieght to free the butt plate, the cod/abs split will also be visible.

Could somebody post a side view of how the kidney and abs plates look ( with the chest/back removed ) and also suggest a way around the problem of the cod split showing if my belt line raises.

Cheers folks

Darren TK4841