Not having boots in time for armor party...

Hey gang, I've gotten stuck with some bills that have to be paid, so instead of ordering my boots this week like I'd hoped, I'm not going to be able to. So my problem is this, I have an armor party coming up where we are going to try to get my ATA trimmed and ready to be painted. I'm worried about not getting the legs right without having the boots. Should I leave the trimming of the shins until I get them or should I wear a pair of boots (Vietnam jungle boots, or similar) to try to get it close? I know I'm just obsessing lol.

Hey mate I was in the same boat a few weeks ago and ended up making my own. I put a tut up on my local garrison forum. if you need boots ASAP then it might be worth a look

-----

Edited by gmrhodes13
link not working, removed gmrhodes13 2020

Wow those look great! Trooped in them yet? how is holding up to the armor rubbing?

I appreciate the thought, but until next Friday, I cannot spend any money that is not going towards food for the family or the animals lol. So even if I do find a pair for $30.00 I can't touch them until payday :( I am going to keep an eye out for something local, maybe I can pick the boots up on my way to the party. They do not have to be white until the armor is assembled, painted and ready to troop!

Hey gang, I've gotten stuck with some bills that have to be paid, so instead of ordering my boots this week like I'd hoped, I'm not going to be able to. So my problem is this, I have an armor party coming up where we are going to try to get my ATA trimmed and ready to be painted. I'm worried about not getting the legs right without having the boots. Should I leave the trimming of the shins until I get them or should I wear a pair of boots (Vietnam jungle boots, or similar) to try to get it close? I know I'm just obsessing lol.

I too am in the same dilemma. My armor is soon due to arrive, but the boots are OOS in my size. Caboots said they will be restocking within the coming weeks. Now it is a waiting game.

Very nice spray paint of the brown boots. Unfortunately time is a precious commodity I do not have or I would attempt to spray paint a pair.

Have fun at the armor party!

Just have someone who is coming to the armor party bring their boots that you can slip on temporarily.

Agreed - that's a pretty simple solution. Instead of caboots you can always get a set of jodhpurs fast and then just pay a cobbler to transform them from black to white if you don't want to do that yourself.