Can Shoulder straps be made out of molded leather!

Ok I have been toying with an idea to try to get made .

The shoulder straps in the movies were a molded vinyl if I’m correct.

Is there a possibility to make them out of leather and have the flexibility an and accuracy

while at the same time acquiring the EIB status

Do you mean the ribbed shoulder straps or the way the suit was internally strapped?

If you mean the outer part they were made from plastic in anh and esb, so leather would not be correct. I dont think you would gain clearance with that for a stormtrooper, and certainly not eib.

The sandtroopers on the other hand did not use the same plastic ribbed parts on the bridging , they were strapped using either canvas or elastic, again on the inside. Some sandies may use leather to do this but not stormtroopers.

The sandtroopers on the other hand did not use the same plastic ribbed parts on the bridging , they were strapped using either canvas or elastic, again on the inside. Some sandies may use leather to do this but not stormtroopers.

The last 411 i hear over at the MEPD ( TM) is that the only item used that had Canvas was the belts, the rest was all elastic ( balck and/or White) the straps that connected the Front and back plate were all White elastic and not canvas, as was thought to be......

FYI

If you mean the ribbed parts, both the 501st and FISD standards state that they have to be plastic that comes with your kit. Remember that they are decorative only and in the movies only glued in the front. Most folks use white elastic or white fabric to actually hold the chest/back together. You can certainly use leather I guess, but I'm not sure why that would be any better.

Sandtroopers as Mark points out of course did not have ribbed shoulder straps at all. MEPD standards forbid them only in the past few years, as they used to be OK, but not for a long while.