TE2 Helmet painting question

So, I was really not happy enough with my first attempt at painting my TE2 bucket. It was okay....but not up to par with what I've seen from others. Last week, I sanded it down, hit it with the Painter's Touch white primer again, sanded that down with 800, 1000, 2000 until it was smooth as the proverbial baby's bottom....

Then I hit it with the Rusto Professional. Second attempt = Major improvement! The whole faceplate and the dome now have that Appling-like shine. :D

But the frackin back is still dull. It's like 65-75% of the helmet is perfect and the last bit on the very back is not. Not sure why, since I painted the whole thing with the exact same technique and followed Mike's directions to the letter.

I guess my question is: what now? It's been about 4 days. Can I spot paint and just hit the back part with another light coat and hope it works out? Should I add an acrylic gloss coat to the whole thing? I want the whole thing to look nice and it's not fair!! :(

Advice?

-Chris

TK-4510! You seek TK-4510... ;)

Email him you should...help you he will, yes.

T :salute:

Definitely. Was going to see if he'd reply to the post first, rather than fill his PM box. You noticed I coined a new term? "Appling-like shine"? ;)

TK-4510! You seek TK-4510... ;)

Email him you should...help you he will, yes.

:D

Tony

Sometimes you have me in fits mate :D

Chris

Mike's ya man!, give him a shout :duim:

:D

Definitely. Was going to see if he'd reply to the post first, rather than fill his PM box. You noticed I coined a new term? "Appling-like shine"? ;)

Yes Chris I noticed that...you might have added another truism to our white armor galaxy.

So, I was really not happy enough with my first attempt at painting my TE2 bucket. It was okay....but not up to par with what I've seen from others. Last week, I sanded it down, hit it with the Painter's Touch white primer again, sanded that down with 800, 1000, 2000 until it was smooth as the proverbial baby's bottom....

Then I hit it with the Rusto Professional. Second attempt = Major improvement! The whole faceplate and the dome now have that Appling-like shine. :D

But the frackin back is still dull. It's like 65-75% of the helmet is perfect and the last bit on the very back is not. Not sure why, since I painted the whole thing with the exact same technique and followed Mike's directions to the letter.

I guess my question is: what now? It's been about 4 days. Can I spot paint and just hit the back part with another light coat and hope it works out? Should I add an acrylic gloss coat to the whole thing? I want the whole thing to look nice and it's not fair!! :(

Advice?

-Chris

Make sure you paint it in the light so you can see where the rough patches are before you stop to let it dry. I allways do a twice over look of the enitre helmet immediatly after the last coat to make sure it looks wet and smooth in all areas before taking it to dry.

If the finish is smooth but not glossy then just go over it with some novus polish after its dry and it will look fine. However if it is rough then you didnt get an even coat of enough paint on the area.