My first armor build (lots of pics)[*TE]

Haha!

The first time I went out in FX armor, I came home and the back of my legs looked like I was in a car wreck.

The term "armor bites" definitely exists for a reason.

Looking forward to going out and getting some new ones with my squad mates in a couple weeks!

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The Armor looks awesome! superb work.

I have a question, do you feel the diference in the upper arm armor? they seem to be so radically diferent in shape that I wonder if it feels weird or something.

The pics of the strapping helped so much you have no idea. Consider it like Han and Luke on the trench run, you just saved my butt, work should go 110% better for me! These are some of the best pics seen for how to strap the armor together, thank you.

Great looking TK!

• 2 weeks later...
The pics of the strapping helped so much you have no idea. Consider it like Han and Luke on the trench run, you just saved my butt, work should go 110% better for me! These are some of the best pics seen for how to strap the armor together, thank you.

Great looking TK!

Glad that helped out. I still have a few more straps to put on. Its not really coming out like I hope. The first few snaps I put on and had way to much glue. I have a few plastic melt spots. Yesterday I was working on the ammo pack for the leg and broke it :(

• 2 weeks later...
Thanks Doug, yeah its getting there slowly. I am going to need to replace some part on it though. I broke the ammo strip on the right knee and a few of the armor parts had a little reaction to the glue.

I'm having to do the same thing. After getting it painted and assembled, I couldn't leave well-enough alone and kept fudging around with my helmet... now the brow trim is coming up short, so I ordered a new one. :)

I have a feeling my build is gonna be stalled for quite a while... we have almost 20" of snow on the ground here, so it doesn't look like it's gonna be warm enough to paint for quite some time. There's a guy in my Garrison who has a paint booth... maybe it's time to bust out with some quality groveling? :P

On my first build, I ended up having to replace an entire shin, and one of the gauntlets. :blush:

You're definitely not alone.