My proposed CRL for Incinerator Trooper

ForlornHope

My proposed new CRL for the Incinerator Trooper

1) Comply with all TK ANH Hero CRL requiments

---------------

MUST HAVE

2) Paint

* Helmet, armor, and shoes must include all rank stripe details in Red that exactly match the videogame references (see visual references below).

3) Accessories

*Rank pauldron in red color matching all rank striping details

*MP40 style mag pouch in black leather with three long pounches and one small pouch attached to the left shoulder.

SHOULD HAVE

4) Weapons

*Flamethrower matching those in the videogame references.

MAY HAVE

5) Armor can be battle-weathered (minor scuffs and dirt/grime)

6) In lieu of using ANH base armor, troopers may opt to use ROTJ armor. If this option is chosen, the armor must comply to ROTJ CRL Requirements with the following exceptions

* ANH Stunt Helmet must be maintained.

* Hand plates must be ANH trapezoid instead of snowtrooper.

* Holster must be worn in the ANH style.

7) Pauldron can be folded over right shoulder in place of right shoulder bell.

Edited by gmrhodes13
link removed no longer working

Excellent screen caps and your take on the CRL is much better than my first draft!

I think allowing ANH Stunt as a MAY HAVE should be fine as it's a minor detail and most troopers use a stunt helmet as a base. For an EIB standard we can get more picky, but I think the base should allow either.

Also under SHOULD HAVE, the ab plate button should be inverted.

Well done!

Excellent screen caps and your take on the CRL is much better than my first draft!

I think allowing ANH Stunt as a MAY HAVE should be fine as it's a minor detail and most troopers use a stunt helmet as a base. For an EIB standard we can get more picky, but I think the base should allow either.

Also under SHOULD HAVE, the ab plate button should be inverted.

Well done!

Well all the force unleashed troopers have an inverted ab button but i think that goes along with the ROTJ armor option.

Most of th armor CRL is copied from the Stormtrooper Commander since it is the same model in game just different accessories and markings.

Actually I think it can be separate as I don't see the door trim tells on the suit. It's pretty much ANH/ESB, aside from the ab plate and the belt/TD is ROTJ narrow, and the back plate seems one piece.

Actually I think it can be separate as I don't see the door trim tells on the suit. It's pretty much ANH/ESB, aside from the ab plate and the belt/TD is ROTJ narrow, and the back plate seems one piece.

there is door trim allright i guarentee you. You just cant see it as well because the pictures aernt as close.

Remember that these are 3D models not props so you kind of have to take it with a grain of salt. The door trim was originally meant to keep the armor from cracking during stunts. Since lucasfilm has alot of ROTJ suits sitting around, the 3D modelers most likely used them as their referance.

I can tell you and be sure that all the force unleashed stormtrooper models are the exactly same. From a time and work standpoint there would be no reason to make a different model for the incinerator trooper or stormtrooper commander if youve allready got one for the plain stormtroopers. All that needs to be done is a reskin or for those game illiterate among us, a repaint.

So the armor is ROTJ, the helmet and hands are ANH for all force unleashed stormtroopers. Lucas worked closely with the force unleashed team and most likely had them incorporate all his favorite armor parts into one new standard of stormtrooper.

Sorry purists, but this is the future of the trooper

there is door trim allright i guarentee you. You just cant see it as well because the pictures aernt as close.

Remember that these are 3D models not props so you kind of have to take it with a grain of salt. The door trim was originally meant to keep the armor from cracking during stunts. Since lucasfilm has alot of ROTJ suits sitting around, the 3D modelers most likely used them as their referance.

I can tell you and be sure that all the force unleashed stormtrooper models are the exactly same. From a time and work standpoint there would be no reason to make a different model for the incinerator trooper or stormtrooper commander if youve allready got one for the plain stormtroopers. All that needs to be done is a reskin or for those game illiterate among us, a repaint.

So the armor is ROTJ, the helmet and hands are ANH for all force unleashed stormtroopers. Lucas worked closely with the force unleashed team and most likely had them incorporate all his favorite armor parts into one new standard of stormtrooper.

Sorry purists, but this is the future of the trooper

OK, this makes sense. It's clear from the render of the Commander that it's an ROTJ suit with ANH helmet and hand plates, so you're right the CRL should be the same for the base armor.