Building Blaster need help

Hey Guys,

I'm building an EA11 blaster and I bought a resin handle. I'm trying to figure out how to make the trigger work. I have to wire it to my electronic blaster core. I have a small surface mount momentary on switch to make it fire. I have no idea how to do it. Should I mill out the "pocket" at the base of the trigger and insert the momentary switch inside? How to make the trigger pivot?

----------

Edited by gmrhodes13
link removed no longer working

Can you mill resin? I don't think it responds well to power tools. I expect you'd have to drill a hole near the top to put a pin through to make the trigger pivot. You'll need to hollow out behind where the trigger sits to put in the switch, as well as a path for the wiring to pass through the grip into the reciever. I don't know how it will react to drilling though.

I did mine drilling out the space I needed using a regular drill bit and some small files,

the trigger is made from a piece of thick metal cut to shape.

2717023536_9cbd725035_o.jpg

3378905439_c9e7d651a4_o.jpg

3244052000_0457c34cf7_o.jpg

• 4 weeks later...

Long delay on this thread. I drilled out and then sanded the area. I started with very small drill bits and drilled four holes. I then re-drilled the holes several times using larger and larger drill bits. FYI, you need to increase the drill bit sizes in small steps. I took photos and will post them. I've mounted the electronic switch behind the trigger (no pics yet). I've also made the clip out of wood. I've kinda gotten stuck because I just didn't know how to make all the parts out of metal, it just looked impossible. So I decided two things: 1. I am gonna use wood and plastic, 2. I'm gonna just skip certain parts for now. For instance, since I don't think I have the tools/ability to make a folding stock, I'm just not gonna do it for now. I want to get the blaster working with electronics before the end of May and so I'm gonna just skip the stock. I already have a movie accurate blaster so I'm gonna make this one my "custom" blaster.

----------

Edited by gmrhodes13
link removed no longer working