FX Helmet Brow

A trooper at our St. Patrick's Day parade today had a little mishap putting together his suit and the brow was too short, which led to the brow eventually peeling off due to the heat of the desert sun.

Does anyone know where I could find him some replacement brow?

Thanks in advance,

Andy :)

TK-1287

Andy,

I personally wouldn't bother looking for the sticky foam stuff the FX lid has... go with the correct rubber trim instead...

It will look much better, and last longer too.

I've seen a few members offer it on here in the past, so hopefully they can chime in to help... or post up in the for sale section on here or 501st board.

HTH.

Well he has an FX helmet, so he might as well get the correct FX brow. I have enough of the accurate brow to do 2-3 movie sized helmets, but it would be too much trouble to add it to an FX.

Well he has an FX helmet, so he might as well get the correct FX brow. I have enough of the accurate brow to do 2-3 movie sized helmets, but it would be too much trouble to add it to an FX.

I think you could get the accurate trim on there. Depending on how he constructed the helmet it seems you might have to glue it on.

There was an older post about someone finding an adhesive rubber door trim at an auto parts store and it seemed to work good on FX buckets.

The auto trim you can use for your brow is the Styleguard Automotive Body Moulding S33216 Trapazoid. I found it at a local Pep Boys over a year ago. Unfortunately I don't have any more.

At the time I bought it, you get enough to do 7 or 8 helmets for something like $20. I sold off the rest on here so if you can find the stuff there might be someone else willing to buy some of your extra.

It looks much better than the FX foam and holds great in all weather.