Thermal Detonator mylar strips

Just a question - are there any reference photos of the mylar strips on the canisters from ANH? From the pictures I've used as reference I can't find them. Is this something added to the kit by the early FX armor builders? Just curious if anyone knows why they're included with the armor kits.

They are not used in the film. They are something that is included in the FX kit. I don't have them on my FX detonator.

They are not used in the film. They are something that is included in the FX kit. I don't have them on my FX detonator.

Yup, just like the black ab plate buttons. The ones that come with the FX kit are now disallowed per the 501st CRL, so he should either include correct ones or just stop including them entirely.

The FX instructions actually use velcro to hold the detonator on but I believe the strips were included because it (sort of) gives the appearance of the metal clips that were actually holding the detonator to the belt in ANH.

Its just as easy to pick up a set of banker clips at your local office store. Drill or glue them to the detonator and use that to attach it to the belt. No stickers necessary.