REQUEST: Radio Shack wiring mod.

air-ship

Hi all.

Comm system mod.

Does anyone know about the Radio Shack amp wiring modification to power the input socket? I've experimented with adding a AAA battery onto my Mic feed which does work. A bit noisy though. I also saw a comment about a resistor mod.

I'm currently using a powered Mic which is no problem apart from an extra battery and an extra box. This is a good solution in that the mic signal is very clean. I would prefer to dispense with the extra box and battery and use a passive Lavalier mic.

Any enlightenment would be greatly appreciated.

Rees.

• 3 weeks later...
air-ship said:
Hi all.

Comm system mod.

Does anyone know about the Radio Shack amp wiring modification to power the input socket? I've experimented with adding a AAA battery onto my Mic feed which does work. A bit noisy though. I also saw a comment about a resistor mod.

I'm currently using a powered Mic which is no problem apart from an extra battery and an extra box. This is a good solution in that the mic signal is very clean. I would prefer to dispense with the extra box and battery and use a passive Lavalier mic.

Any enlightenment would be greatly appreciated.

Rees.

If anyone is interested in this topic, I now have the pictures of the modification courtesy of TK4205:

bEVtv3O.jpg

SGqB8TM.jpg

I'm going to try this without a resistor. I'll check the voltage being fed to the input jack. I suspect it may be too high but I'll give it a whirl. Thanks to SuperTrooper for getting me on the right track with this topic.

I did the mod without any resistor and it seems to work fine if done like this (notice the red wire in the lower left). For me its been working fine for over 6 months and it amplifies my Radio Shack PC non-powered Mic.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 9 months later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 3 months later...