HYPERDYNE - if you use one, I have many questions!

daverin

I think they're currently, as per usual, back ordered.

-Does it lower your voice? The troopers I have heard using it sound like it is lowering their voice.

-How does it trigger the static burst?

-What is the difference between the trooper version and the Pro trooper version? I am not interested in a link to hyperdyne's website....I want an opinion and advice from actual users.

-Where do you mount it?

-It says it is a voice amp....does it have an amp?...sounds like you need to buy that separately.

-Has anyone used the ROMFX or any other comparable model?

-I am not liking the "blow on the mic" static burst...I want the true to the movie click burst sound...Hyperdyne sounds great...Is it more than what they are advertising on their website? Pro = $168.00?

Thanks to whomever may respond to this!!

-Daverian

-Does it lower your voice? The troopers I have heard using it sound like it is lowering their voice.

-How does it trigger the static burst?

-What is the difference between the trooper version and the Pro trooper version? I am not interested in a link to hyperdyne's website....I want an opinion and advice from actual users.

-Where do you mount it?

-It says it is a voice amp....does it have an amp?...sounds like you need to buy that separately.

-Has anyone used the ROMFX or any other comparable model?

-I am not liking the "blow on the mic" static burst...I want the true to the movie click burst sound...Hyperdyne sounds great...Is it more than what they are advertising on their website? Pro = $168.00?

Thanks to whomever may respond to this!!

-Daverian

From what I know/recall from friends who use these:

- I don't believe it lowers your voice as much as it adds a sound filter over it.

- The static burst can be triggered a couple different ways, from what I remember it can be timed (how long to click after speech) or done with a switch.

- You will need a separate voice amp.

That's all I know from my friends that use them. I personally don't really dig them.

I have the ROM/FX and it has various settings to alter the distortion in your voice, the static bursts can be turned on/off and you can adjust the time delay and so on but it doesnt lower the tone of your voice. I think it could do with being a little louder in a busy environment so i may get an amp to beef up the volume, hope this helps you somewhat.

I have the ROM/FX and it has various settings to alter the distortion in your voice, the static bursts can be turned on/off and you can adjust the time delay and so on but it doesnt lower the tone of your voice. I think it could do with being a little louder in a busy environment so i may get an amp to beef up the volume, hope this helps you somewhat.

What is the price difference from the ROM/FX and the hyperdyne?

What is the price difference from the ROM/FX and the hyperdyne?

The hyperdyne seems to be $145 usd (?75 quid or so) the ROM F/X about ?105 quid ( $205 usd) according to their respective websites.

The hyperdyne seems to be $145 usd (?75 quid or so) the ROM F/X about ?105 quid ( $205 usd) according to their respective websites.

Which is more screen accurate?

Which is louder?

Does the ROM F/X come with an amp?

I know the Hyperdyne doesn't.

...and most importantly..HOW DO YOU GET ONE??!!!! ...back ordered...waiting lists...discontinued?....why is it so hard to get one?!! :blink:

John from the ukg who makes the romfx does batches of units every few months. If you are interested in one drop him a email from his site and I am sure he will let you know when he will be doing the next batch.

The romfx comes with buttons which you can download various sound samples onto each of them which I shall be rigging up into my belt.

the site is http://www.romfx.com/ and actually has a video of it in action.

I have two romfx units as I am just greedy :P