James Earl Jones article in USA Today.

Knighthawk

Did anyone else read the article? It came out 1 week prior to the Superbowl on a weekend edition, maybe the Thursday prior.

JE Jones recieved an award for his movie carreer, and was interveiwed about some of his past movies. can anyone find the article and link it for evryone? He made some comments about SW fans, that I feel was inappropriate.

Did anyone else read the article? It came out 1 week prior to the Superbowl on a weekend edition, maybe the Thursday prior.

JE Jones recieved an award for his movie carreer, and was interveiwed about some of his past movies. can anyone find the article and link it for evryone? He made some comments about SW fans, that I feel was inappropriate.

Found it, but couldnt get the whole article. Its in the archives at USA Today. It ran Jan. 23. 2009 pg D.3 Life section

Jones: I am happy to be a part of the whole cult movement. But they are scary. People are fanatics. I went to a comic-book convention once. George Lucas wrote me a statement to make as nasty as Dark Vader. It was a salutation. But at least I had something to do. I don't sign autographs.

And really, Cons are a tad scary. For the novice, even the casual fan Cons are a stretch. My only con has been CJ, but I can imiagine. I am looking forward to a Dragon Con or a Wizard World.

I get uncomfortable when people want me ho hold kids, grab their neck in a force choke in my Vader rig. I wont do it any more. (never held a kid, thats just creepy)

Besides, Prowse is Darth Vader. Jones never donned a suit.