CRL clarification question.

Jedxh

Hello there, I have a question regarding the level 2 requirements for the E11 on the CRL.

So, it states "Blaster shall be based on a real or replica S&T Sterling L2A1 AEG Airsoft Gun". Now, I live in Western Australia where airsoft/gel blasters are ridiculously illegal, with no exception. I cannot obtain an Airsoft Sterling under any circumstances despite being an owner of actual firearms myself. Thanks to nonsensical laws, I CAN however obtain an original or replica Sterling SMG. My question being, is the airsoft sterling the only acceptable level 2 blaster, or can I use an actual sterling? I'm a little confused if the wording of "real or replica" means real airsoft or replica airsoft, if that makes sense?

Cheers.

You can use a real or replica weapon for L2 approval, note L2 is not issued at base costume approval it is part of detachment levels, you can apply for L2 Expert Infantry once approved with a Stormtrooper costume. 

OPTIONAL Level two certification (if applicable):

• Blaster shall be based on a real or replica S&T Sterling L2A1 AEG Airsoft Gun

3D print files can also be used, Bryan one of our members kindly shared his files free of charge, you can find those here 

FYI you don't need a blaster for base costume approval, blasters are compulsory for L2 and above ;) 

• Like 1

You can use a real or replica weapon for L2 approval, note L2 is not issued at base costume approval it is part of detachment levels, you can apply for L2 Expert Infantry once approved with a Stormtrooper costume. 

OPTIONAL Level two certification (if applicable):
  • Blaster shall be based on a real or replica S&T Sterling L2A1 AEG Airsoft Gun

3D print files can also be used, Bryan one of our members kindly shared his files free of charge, you can find those here 

Neato thankyou. Does this also extend to L3? The wording is a little broad so I just wanted to confirm prior to doing the build. Don't want to buy the wrong base parts or anything.

I also understand that blasters are optional accessories, as per the weapons policy, but are they a requirement for detachment levels in countries where applicable?

10 minutes ago, Jedxh said:

Neato thankyou. Does this also extend to L3? The wording is a little broad so I just wanted to confirm prior to doing the build. Don't want to buy the wrong base parts or anything.

I also understand that blasters are optional accessories, as per the weapons policy, but are they a requirement for detachment levels in countries where applicable?

Yes as you need L2 approval before applying for L3, additional elements are required at each level.

A blaster is required for EIB and Centurion under this detachment. It's not optional. The Weapons Policy only applies to basic level.  The blaster is only optional for basic level approval, this covers all countries. 

Conversation on optional requirements here

Yes as you need L2 approval before applying for L3, additional elements are required at each level.

A blaster is required for EIB and Centurion under this detachment. It's not optional. The Weapons Policy only applies to basic level.  The blaster is only optional for basic level approval, this covers all countries. 

Got it. Thank you again for the clarification. Tis much appreciated.
  • Like 1

25 minutes ago, Jedxh said:

Got it. Thank you again for the clarification. Tis much appreciated. emoji2937.png

My pleasure, we are here to help.

FYI locally customs have become tighter in regards to importation of weapons, even props, there is a specific form you must fill out, speak with Jason "Tantaris" on our forum, he will be able to fill you in.

Just to expand on the use of blasters, locally we don't have issues carrying blasters in public (even having photos with police while holding a blaster :laugh1:) There are only a few events we can't take blasters too, some LFL events, hospitals, Bricktober, Christmas Pageant and at event hosts request. LFL/Disney at times can request we don't carry blasters depending on certain situations around the globe. Some countries and even some states (ie: Tasmania) can't carry a blaster in public and some members have been raided, luckily we don't have that restriction here in the west, but even for those countries which are restricted they still need a blaster for L2 and L3 as these are optional requirements to this detachment.

At the request of legion PR and a preference from LFL/Disney we don't take photos pointing blasters at cameras pointing at people (capture pose) 

• Like 2