Question regarding amplifiers and the iComm box.

Hi all, just wondering if you can actually use different amplifiers for the iComm box/system?

I would like to buy an iComm box but don't want to buy another amplifier, it is the sole reason I haven't got one yet. I've read that it's supposed to be used with an Aker amp, which is coincidentally also sold by iComm vendor(s). Is this just something they say so you'll buy their amps or can I just use my current one?

For reference, I am using this amplifier: (https://www.jaycar.com.au/digitech-portable-wireless-uhf-lapel-microphone-system/p/AM4049)

The Aker amp has a power line from the microphone jack which returns through to the Icomm which recharges the unit, most other cheaper version amps do not. Hopefully someone else with chime in about other amp usage.

"The Icomm battery takes some power from the Aker to remain charged, it has an active connection on the amp jack, note not all types of amplifiers have this that is why they specify using an Aker amp with the Icomm unit."

About this item

Self contained protected box that gets it power from the VoiceBooster Voice Amplifier

I personally have not tried a different amp with the Icomm but I would think there should be no issues apart from the charging, you could use an external battery for charging which I do have on my TK 

A nice little box to hold it all

FYI you can request 501st access here ;) 

• Like 1