Cover Strips for an old GF kit?

Please forgive the noob question. About 20 years ago, I obtained a Gerardo Fallano movie suit kit (not the armor fx but the one he cast from Matt Gauthier (trooperexpert on the RPF)

So this poor thing has been sitting in a box for a long time. I decided it’s time to build it. I’ve been reading 20 years of updates and one thing the old kits never had were the cover strips on the arm leg seams. (Older armor kits just provided enough space to overlap at the seams)

The problem is sourcing a matching plastic sheet for this ancient kit. I tried the trooperbay strips but they really don’t match. This old kit is more bluish white than warm white. 

I imagine I will have the same problem all around. Probably not too much I can do about it. 

Does anyone have any advice? Suggestions? Is this kit possibly worth anything to anyone. It’s got a good lineage and it’s beautiful. 

Hello and welcome aboard, always best to ask questions than make mistakes.

Big color differences between the makers, you may be better off reaching out to local troopers and try to view different makes, of course this doesn't always help as there can be different colors from their suppliers from batch to batch. Normally there is some coverstrip material left over from builds and you may be lucky finding someone with some excess pieces and in the right color.

Another option is of course paint, I wanted to match the color of some U trim to a RS kit and used waterbased acrylic paint, inexpensive and easy to mix shades. I used a sponge to apply the paint and once dry coated in a clear to seal it, only down side is if you scratch them you will see the difference.

Before

20201007_173917.jpg

After

20201011_111231.jpg