Shoulder Strap question

I am the GML for my garrison so I'm hoping the DO's can help answer this for Basic approvals, Do the large tabs need to be present on the front of the shoulder straps? CRL only specifies the tabs on the back as optional. With text and reference images being used as judging criteria but not always matching each other, it creates too much ambiguity on some costumes.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, KaiserintheHood said:

I am the GML for my garrison so I'm hoping the DO's can help answer this for Basic approvals, Do the large tabs need to be present on the front of the shoulder straps? CRL only specifies the tabs on the back as optional. With text and reference images being used as judging criteria but not always matching each other, it creates too much ambiguity on some costumes.

Hi Dan, this is an interesting question .

As you noted , the crl is specific in the rear tab of the shoulder bridges  and isn't for the front one but, to my understanding , if the rear tab is optional,  is implicit  that the front one isn't .

The crl aditionally states :

Text descriptions are only one part of the guideline. GMLs and costumers must consider both text and pictures (CRL and Reference) when reviewing the costume.

We have a lot of reference images that  clearly shows a large tab in the front and most of the time none in the rear.

K8fbIgU.jpg?1    MAjDFVK.jpg     qYDufy4.jpg

X2qR7T7.jpg

U0itlRj.jpg?1                  FnsZbx0.jpg?1       cEmnFVE.jpg?1 

At the end of the day is completely up to you the Basic Approval, for higher levels EIB and Centurion this would be a blocker and the applicant would need to change the piece.

:salute:

• Like 1