Legacy FemTK Backplate - Version B

Hello there everyone!

As i am now in possession of a wonderful FemTK kit from Imperial Surplus it is time to chose with version i'd like to create.

I fancy version B a lot more, but sadly Imperial Surplus doesn't send pieces for both versions anymore as i read in an older thread. While talking to Kevin during the process of ordering, i was told only one version is sold nowadays. Boots are always a struggle for me, but i reckon i'll go with Crowprops/Gio later down the line to get a suitable flat one done in my size.

This leaves me with the backplate - anybody got a more high quality picture of it? As i doubt anyone sells these separately i suppose i will have to try my hand at making one myself somehow. I checked the CRL, but i can't really make out some of the details. These being:
-Whether or not the corners of the rectangles are rounded or not.

-If that single circle in the lower left corner is actually a circle... or a square.

Or would this be irrelevant as long as said pattern is "similar" enough in its appearance?
Pardon in advance if it's a dumb question, first time dealing with all of this and i want to do it right.

If someone has ideas how one would go about making a backplate, i am all ears.

Current plan would be to get a couple sheets of white ABS plastic (2 at least), cut out rectangles and carefully try to use a dremel to create the circles.

Certainly won't look as pretty as the nicely shaped version A backplate, but i have no molds or advanced methods of shaping ABS at my disposal.

Hello and welcome, ultimately it would be your GML approving the armor so I would check with them first, they do have some leeway, some are stricter than others, there is a CRL image for the B type and I would think (as I am a GML) they would use this reference below. BUT in saying that if you can provide more research material proving it should be different that would be taken into consideration. I would think all of the areas are square/rectangular apart from the two top right circles.

LegacyTK-female-back-comic.png

It looks from my basic research the B version backplate is from the comics, depending on which scene the details change a little, I don't think correct details was high on the priority list :lol:

perso_gistang_jes_01.jpg

backplate.png.81cf82a44adacf56c5b9e7657711638c.png

backplate2.png.218c3b6089070ddf64af261a4b181df9.png backplate4.png.ca6f3b942cec12493e02b8cdf4938601.png

backplate3.thumb.png.35b08ab5132e4442dfd82fb07e4e2e56.png

3ycA3uK.gif

Two ways to tackle the backplate would be:

1 ABS sheets, cut, layer, glue, dremel, sharp knife, files to get in the corners

2 3D print, a lot of pieces props are printed these days so if you can find someone who can design the piece I would go that route.

As for details it would be a case of going through the comic references, you can download Star Wars: Legacy comics here https://light.getcomics.info/Request/Dark Horse/Star Wars/Star Wars - Legacy (00 - 50 %2B War (01 - 06)) (2006 - 2011) GetComics.INFO.zip 

You can also view online here https://readallcomics.com/star-wars-legends-legacy-epic-collection-tpb-1-part-2/

Research is the key and the more references you have the better outcome you should have.

• Like 3

Thank you kindly for the provided answers and reference material!
And oh my life, i see the backplate details or details in general certainly weren't high up on their priority list. Was still a good read though.
Going through them i noticed even more questions. Here i thought the comic version would be the one with the heels, as the statue looked pretty normal to me. Yet on further research the statue version is the one supposed to have heels?
Could i ask about some clarification on this while i am at it? Almost every FemTK i saw so far on pictures rocked the A version with these rather noticeable and chunky heels, yet the pictures of the Gentle Giant statue i could find don't really look like that?

Statue:
6250_0.jpgt7NzEqw.jpg1ayHayu.jpgMzEmz2X.jpgMinXAGSl.jpg

CRL Boots & Alternatives i've seen: 320px-LegacyTK-female-boots-A.png6CASHMtm.jpg

As the CRL says to take both its own text and the reference into account, would my current placeholder boots be sufficient in terms of sole and heel for version A? (I am aware i need to add the vertical strip from toe to tongue, just speaking about the sole and heel here.)

My placeholder boots:

cSZzqKOm.jpgqIipLVmm.jpg

I think the issue you would have with the boots that you have is the side elastic, it's not visible on either A or B, the heel looks a little low for version A. Remember which ever backplate you want to use you will have to have the accompanying boots. 

I would confer with your GML, after all they will be the ones looking after base approval, some are a little stricter than others.