Are rouge one stormtrooper armor the best TK variant ever?

Hello white armor net. TK 74182 here. I have non serious question that's been floating on my mind ever since it came up in a discord conversation last month for any standard TK members here. are rouge one stormtroopers suits the best one out of any variation so far? including anh, tfu and rotj versions? since they'er perfectly symmetrical, use longer boots that are easier to put on and have more accessories like cuffs and different blasters than any other one?

• Like 1

Lots of things to consider, not just looks but price, durability, comfort, ease of dressing, transportation etc etc

Personally I never liked the look of the RO armor, (here's my GML OCD mind at work), we already have armor from just after that timeline yet a costume designer (or someone at LFL) decided to make a new version, with bits and pieces from other newer Star Wars costumes, so lineage wise it doesn't work for me. We know LFL do use some suppliers for some costumes and props so why not just purchase from one of them or the many  sellers out there with correct lineage armor. Don't get me started on the rear view of the costumes either, pieces open, others cracked or pieces missing as there is no room for movement ie thighs hitting the belt, at least we know white gaffa tape is still canon ;) 

Dressing I can get in my OTTK by myself, can't with my FOTK or a RO armor as I recently found out, I need help for those.

For me at least the OTTK is the most comfortable and versatile, 2nd would be my FOTK, it is more restrictive, albeit once I'm kitted up I do stand well and for long periods which is great for some of my medical issues.

As for looks I was hooked on the FOTK as soon as I had seen the first image (yet I know others hate it), albeit my first love was an OT ANH, always had since seeing it on the big screen back in 1977

Ease of transport and dressing has to be the OTTK once again, everything fits in a clamshell torso and into a suitcase and I can dress myself, FOTK is a little harder, I had to make material covers for all armor pieces because it was painted and needed protecting so it takes up a little more room and need help dressing.

Price and again it's the OTTK, so many makers out there and simple black undersuit, no ribs.

But here we are, now with other series before and after the original trilogy, timeline really takes a kick in the guts there, but having other versions of this era armor it does give some the ability to do multiple costumes from one set of armor, so that's an advantage.

At the end of the day it all comes down to personal taste

• Like 3

When I think about it, the fact that they knew they had many series in the works (when creating RO), I could understand that they might need something new they can throw themselves around in - and they could produce a new armor with toys in mind at the same time (I guess?). I like the look of the helmet by itself, and I'm not dying for the armor, but in the context of the movie timelines I align with Glen!

I'm not sure that the boots of the ROTK are easier to put on than the OTTK boots, they just slip on and it seems with the taller boots they would be a little more chunky? I have no clue really just that I have no issues putting on my OTTK shoes :laugh1:

Just to drop my favorite TK, it would have to be the ANH Hero, it is currently tied with the ROTK on accessories with 6 each, but will soon overtake it when the space pack comes to the Hero as well! :salute:

• Like 1

My take is the R1TK is a great looking armor in many areas just because it has more detailed machined appearances. The cover strips look so detailed and the helmet is quite detailed with the cutouts. That being said, that’s about as far as I will say I prefer R1. When it comes to costuming I still stick with the OT ANH above all others as first, it’s classic. Everyone recognizes it and it has a timeless appearance. Even in ways that it could be dated, it still holds up the test of time and stands a testament to the costume makers on what they were able to do with their technology and creativity.

Wearing the costume is much more comfortable. Having had an FOTK and seen the build process for the R1TK I can tell they are both fairly similar in one area that is super uncomfortable for me and that is the abdomen. True, no stormtrooper can effectively bend over well because of the armor, but the wrap around abdomen is so much more restrictive than the two piece.

The overly detailed soft parts too. I like the classic black gloves with not fine detailing and the ability to just wear black spandex underneath and not have any special strapping or details is great.

In the end of things it’s personal preference, but that’s my take on the armor.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk