PVC Armor Repair

My armor is PVC.  On my left sniper knee where it attaches to the left shin, there is a small, less than 1/8”, crack.  I cannot access the back of the piece, only the front as it is glued on the back.  

I was thinking of taping off the area, using a small brush to put a little bit of white UA resin to fill the crack, cure it, the use a dab of white gloss paint. 

Thoughts?  Any other ideas?  I honestly have no idea how it cracked with it being the glued area.  

Thanks for any suggestions. 

FullSizeRender.jpg?width=320&height=320&

IMG_4715.HEIC?width=320&height=320&fit=b

With a few cracks I've encountered I try glue a piece of scrap plastic behind to give extra strength, I guess you could tape off the end and run some glue behind, may seep into the crack from behind. I don't think just filling the crack as is may not solve the issue of it cracking again. If it was glued on using E6000 you would be able to tease the end up, with a little pressure to expose the back.

• Like 1

I can’t get behind it.  I believe it was glued using CA glue.  It’s on there very good.  Like I said, I’m baffled how it cracked when it at the spot it was glued. I would have expected it to crack were it was unsupported.  

10 minutes ago, gmrhodes13 said:

With a few cracks I've encountered I try glue a piece of scrap plastic behind to give extra strength, I guess you could tape off the end and run some glue behind, may seep into the crack from behind. I don't think just filling the crack as is may not solve the issue of it cracking again. If it was glued on using E6000 you would be able to tease the end up, with a little pressure to expose the back.

Should I just try to fill it in with some CA glue from the front side instead of resin?  I was thinking using resin since it was easier to work with and wouldn’t set until the UA light where as with the glue it is very time limited.  

11 minutes ago, Armor9 said:

Should I just try to fill it in with some CA glue from the front side instead of resin?  I was thinking using resin since it was easier to work with and wouldn’t set until the UA light where as with the glue it is very time limited.  

I just find CA and superglue a little brittle for cracks, resin may work but being under stress it may very well crack again