Detachment Leader 2022-23 term welcoming statement and thank you

Sly11

Dear FISD members,

I am once again honored with your continuing support as detachment leader for the 2022-2023 term. Thank you.

We have a busy year ahead of us, which I will shortly give an update on, but first I’m sure you will want to know who your staff will be for the year.

I would like to congratulate Steven Sheades (Starsaber) TK-10466 for taking on the position of Detachment XO.

Steve has many years of experience both as one of our DCOGS, but also as a GML, GPRO and second seat in council for his garrison.

Thank you Steve for stepping up and taking on your new position.

Tim Waychoff (DarkCMF) TK-51878 will be moving into a DCOG roll and offering his expertise with our moderation team. As many of you are aware, Tim has several feathers in his cap, as a prior FISD DL and XO and Attache ambassador.

Thank you Tim for taking on the position.

This term we will indeed have a DMBO again, it’s been a few years running without this roll filled, but it is time to change that.

Please congratulate James Silvius (jsilvus) TK-12953 for joining the team and taking on this challenging position.

James held our 15th anniversary coin run, and did so exceptionally. His accounting spreadsheet and immaculate record keeping made my job very easy communicating the fine details with the LMBO team.

Thank you James for accepting this position.

There are a couple more additions to come to the IPM team as we will be focusing on more improvements to FO CRL's in the very near future.

I shall announce those when we are ready to go.

All other staff positions are currently remaining the same and are as follows.

Deployment Officers

Joseph Pedigo (justjoseph63) TK-10963

Mario Reyes (TKSpartan) TK-48117

Jose Sanchez (Chemi) TK-3017

DCOG

Chris Pearson (themaninthesuitcase) TK-10911

Dan Branton (Thecableguy) TK-42911

Mark Ryner (captsafe66) TK-4584

DMBO Trading cards

Eric Ho (Hoda) TK-42911

DPER

AC (NoVaTie) TK-5597

DPRO

Christoph (Danny) Lauber (Ripper_L) TK-55550

Tony Jobe (ukswrath) TK-10116 

Aaron (Bronx) Gibson (Pyrates) TK-99725

Frank Peranteau (Frank75139) TK-75139

Glen Rhodes (gmrhodes12) TK-85421

Jim Ferrell (Rat) TK-95970

Teresa Nuthall (Soulart) TK-41307

DWM

Eric Brager (Darth Aloha) TK-9674

Mathias (Locitus) TK-2959

Founder Paul Hoeffer (Daetirn)TK-8020

What lies ahead

The last two terms have focused heavily on the forum refresh, uncluttering archiving and restoring.

As you can imagine very time consuming, i also undertook a member data base clean up which hadn't been done in a long time.

My vision has always been to leave this place in better condition than I found it, making it easier for anyone that comes after me and giving them a clean pallet into the future.

This treatment will continue on this term although alot of the heavy lifting has finished or is nearing completion.

This allows us to focus on things that are more beneficial to members, like our various programs, and the introduction of a new one as well.

We will lead out this term back to work on our First order CRL updates. Discussion threads are already open, proposals will be written and membership polls set up so you can continue to participate in the evolution of our costumes, their quality and standard.

We have  a big year with Celebration, the patch sales thread is open until sold out, and I received an update from the vendor today that we have around 200 patches left.

If you haven't ordered, now is the time before they are gone.

I hope plenty of you have a chance to go to Celebration, meet fellow members, make new friends and have a blast.

New Members section update will commence with an adjustment to the forums, a gate keeper so to speak, and hopefully an easier start for those brand new to FISD and costuming.

Lets talk about some more fun stuff, like the FISD Coffee table Book.

Work will continue, and a larger team will be formed for various parts of the building and design process. This is a huge project and we still have several hurdles to face, before it becomes a reality. It will be a first of it's kind for the detachment, and we can't wait to have more information available to you all.

FISD Shirt run, needs to get underway quickly, so I will be working with our new DMBO James. to motivate that into action in the next couple of days.

More Merch to come, and we continue to look towards items we haven't done before, we have ideas, we will be working on designs, slot planning and time frames.

Now It is time for me to get busy in the background, onboard our new staff members and get the discussion going with your new team on the full plan for the year.

Thank you all once again for the ongoing support, and we look forward to serving you all to the best of our ability.

With Unquestioned loyalty

TK11469 (Sly11)

Andrew Franke.

• Like 18

• Sly11 pinned this topic
  • Sly11 unpinned this topic