Methods to clean PVC armour

After a couple of troops the E11 holster is leaving a reasonable amount of black transfering from the leather onto the left thigh.

I don't mind the weathered look, but am wondering what is the best way to clean some of the black off.

Rubbing a moist cloth removes some of the black but not a large amount, want to ensure I don't use a chemical that will damage the PVC.

Thanks.

Thigh-04.jpg

Edited by RageQuit

I've not encountered this from a holster before, could be the dye leaching out, but I have had that issue with black cloth pouches I made to wrap FOTK armor and I found using an automotive polish would normally remove most marks and scuffs. I don't use any chemicals on plastic as I've found in the past it can melt, depending on what you use of course.

23 hours ago, gmrhodes13 said:

I've not encountered this from a holster before, could be the dye leaching out, but I have had that issue with black cloth pouches I made to wrap FOTK armor and I found using an automotive polish would normally remove most marks and scuffs. I don't use any chemicals on plastic as I've found in the past it can melt, depending on what you use of course.

Thanks, for the info :)

I have just completed a second hot water bath of 20 minutes each time, primarily to soften the leather and mould it the E11 shape making for easier removal of the blaster when trooping.

The first bath had a reasonable amount of dye leech out into the water with not as much visible 2nd time around.

I expect that will help reduce transfer to the armour.

I have some auto polish, will do a small test area and see how it goes.

• Like 1