Walmart Voice WITH Dual Fan Question

I am trying to get together parts for the RT-Mod helmet that's coming my way. I would like to try the Walmart voice changer (4.5V) with 2 12V computer fans from Radio Shack. My question relates to how to BEST power it:

-Now my simple mind is telling me I need 11 AA batteries (8 for fans, 3 for the voice)

-Now a bit of searching shows that I could get by with 2 9V (fan) and then the 3 AA for the Voice changer

-Yet I'm hoping there is an "all 9V" solution to this that a newbie might be able to do

The 11 AA seems to be a heavy and bulky option, especially for a non-FX helmet. I am planning on hooking the Voice Changer board to a pair of aerator speakers (RT states I need something 16mm or less, and sizing isn't often quoted here) so I hope this could be an all-in-one type of system.

Is there a way to just use 2 or 3 9V with some resistor thingies (OK, OK, I swear I am educated, but I am a complete newb in electronics :blink: ). Is there an even better option (somewhere I saw something about rechargeables, but it was not related to this dual question)? I have not seen this on the board, at least when searching for diagrams/fans/etc.

Any help in any direction would be appreciated :D

I have an RT-Mod bucket with Stomper's HoviMix aerator speakers, they work perfectly with the WalMart voice changer. I'd never sodered or rewired anything before, but Smitty's diagram and instructions made easy work of it. I have the AA battery pack positioned behind the vocoder with the circuit board glued to it. I'll get some pics up in a day or two. Being able to ditch the AA battery pack for a single 9V battery would be a great space saver.

I don't have fans installed, if you can find a way to stuff fans in there along with the voice changer I'd like to know about it. As is, my RT bucket is a very snug fit.

I just run the 3AA setup, Im not running any fans. My best recommendation would be to run 3 AA batteries and two 9 volts. Trying to build a voltage divider with resistors will work but you'll be going thru batteries like no tomorrow.

Well thank you both for the info. I look forward to those helmet pics :trooper:

I don't have fans installed, if you can find a way to stuff fans in there along with the voice changer I'd like to know about it. As is, my RT bucket is a very snug fit.

I just run the 3AA setup, Im not running any fans.

No fans :huh: . Should I just return mine back to the Shack? I had thought they were a "must have" but it seems here that they are not as important as I thought. The fact that you can't fit it in the RT-Mod doesn't give great hope for me. Sure will make this whole battery thing a lot easier if I only run the voice.

Thanx again