RS Props ANH stunt helmet

Are there any tips on trimming the mask and cap?  Would like to see some references before attempting.

Thanks

Hiya,

I’d suggest the FISD gallery or www.starwarshelmets.com for reference.

Maybe check out some of the approved EIB and Centurion builds featuring RS kits.

Whilst this video is not using RS kit, it shows some ways to put lids together. I used this to help with my lid build.

Not saying this is THE way to put lids together but it worked well for me. :-)

Thanks Cableguy... My main focus is trimming down the cap where the ears line up.  The RS cap has this weird Vader flare out and I'm curious to see where to trim.

Cool. In that case, I’d definitely check out some of the previously completed RS builds to see how they get around it. :-)

And remember, if in doubt, always cut less than you think. You can’t stick it back on. ;-) lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 1

Much respect to those that have trimmed and assembled an RS bucket.....definitely not an easy assembly, at least for me.

The construction is slow but sure.....lots of trimming to make things fit.  Also lots of respect to the armour makers that make sure their pieces fit together (Mark at AP, you spoiled me!!!....LOL).

The gaps between the mask and the cape are driving me bananas...but I think the screws will close these once I get them installed.....just gotta make sure the ears fit over them nicely and I still have the nice high brow.

iXdq3Fc.jpg

AE7GMIe.jpg

LP84Vau.jpg

I wish the the areas that mate under the ears were flat......too much to ask for a 70's design???