Fiberglass armor big help needed!!!!

Well I purchased 2 completely different kits to make 2 different sets one was purchased thru here the other from EBAY I know I know. But I just needed some back up pieces to complete my previous armor which got damaged during Harvey. Well turns out that the armor which was posted as ABS turned out to be Fiberglass!!!!! Oh the cringe I KNOW, so here's my delima!!! I'm having the hugest problem trying to get it to bend to my will and it's becoming a 50/50 fight neither one of us is giving in. First of not only is this once again holding me back from building and submitting my application for the 501st but I have no idea how to work with fiberglass other than wearing a respirator and long sleeve shirt. I feel as if I'm butchering the armor, I've used 4 different types of glues and found one that works decent, but then there's the tension points I needed to hold the 2 together to make a bond but even with that being said I still have gaps which I can use BondoGlass as a filler. Also after many attempts on trying to bond the pieces I figured out that I needed to sand the bonding points free of paint down to bare fiberglass in order to make it hold. I would appreciate it if anyone would have any tips or build guide I could follow. I would really like to use this armor as my submission armor for the challenge I'm taking on. I have a person who's willing to paint and fill any gaps or holes I left behind at a paint and body shop. Below r my so fars6b67ec49532491f8841aa1d5fe92cfb1.jpg1b91c5cace159bdca23a47ffecd578c5.jpgd39f66075d42b6025f018e491e5a1615.jpg8e9ed36708537a801934889562fb4522.jpg9402138547268469815ee3d441dff216.jpg95f1f3e9e549a022c0544a580cda7648.jpg71f05ae5431621b5273cce01b8ed4d8d.jpgaa42e488b5e74ddeeb214de3f22d42b0.jpg41322fb65b870ba0ff48b8222b914bf1.jpg

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N915A using Tapatalk

• 2 weeks later...

Not trying to knock you down or anything, but I would just take a loss on those fiberglass parts. If you need replacement parts in ABS, look up Walt's Trooper Factory on Facebook and ask for Rocky. He'll get you sorted quick, and it won't break the bank. :) 

• 2 months later...

some of those parts look like my old FX armor. especially the thighs and the abdomen plate.

If all gaps and holes are filled it's still not a high end armor, but definitely something to work with. It won't be easy but don't give up!

• 9 months later...

So I guess the biggest question comes into what areas are you needing specific help with fiberglass?

My fork armor is fiberglass and I was able to build it mostly similar to abs armor. Now the biggest difference was I used fiberglass resin and fiberglass cloth to strengthen or cover areas needing reinforcement, then Bondo, to smooth areas that are needing touch up. Feel free to let me know what questions you have and can help as much as possible.