Help

bshoots17

Hi all! I’m (very) new here and am looking for tips for finding an authentic FOTK costume. I’ve looked through Anovos’ website and am wondering what buying the kit means. What does building the kit entail? I’m pretty clueless when it comes to this so any help would be great.

Also, I’m pretty short (5’1”) and am wondering if the Anovos kits would be too big, and if there’s a place I can buy a smaller one.

Thank you all for any help!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

You've come to the right place. This forum has a section specifically for kit builders to log their progress, report problems, and make suggestions. There are plenty of "build threads", each one by one builder. Pick one and read through it. If you decide to take the plunge, then read a few threads again. When you think you have learned the material, read a couple of threads again. There's a lot of detail to cover, and a lot of tricks and traps. 
https://www.whitearmor.net/forum/forum/152-first-order-stormtroopers/

I don't think you can buy a smaller one; I suspect you'll have to modify yours. You're probably not the first person to have come up against this problem: look through the threads; I'm sure you'll find a couple of threads written by short builders. Best of luck and patience. (You don't have to be skilled to build a kit; you have to built a kit to become skilled.) (Well, you do have to be careful.)

Oh, look what I found, just by browsing. This is for the Anovos ANH kit, but it may give you ideas for yours. 
https://www.whitearmor.net/forum/topic/42043-zels-anovos-stunt-build-for-the-mini-and-vertically-challenged/

Edited by Timberwoof
  • Like 2

You've come to the right place. This forum has a section specifically for kit builders to log their progress, report problems, and make suggestions. There are plenty of "build threads", each one by one builder. Pick one and read through it. If you decide to take the plunge, then read a few threads again. When you think you have learned the material, read a couple of threads again. There's a lot of detail to cover, and a lot of tricks and traps. 
https://www.whitearmor.net/forum/forum/152-first-order-stormtroopers/

I don't think you can buy a smaller one; I suspect you'll have to modify yours. You're probably not the first person to have come up against this problem: look through the threads; I'm sure you'll find a couple of threads written by short builders. Best of luck and patience. (You don't have to be skilled to build a kit; you have to built a kit to become skilled.) (Well, you do have to be careful.)

Oh, look what I found, just by browsing. This is for the Anovos ANH kit, but it may give you ideas for yours. 
https://www.whitearmor.net/forum/topic/42043-zels-anovos-stunt-build-for-the-mini-and-vertically-challenged/

Thank you so much! I’ll definitely look into it!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• 2 weeks later...

I don't know of any smaller kits, I would warn that Anovos is still very much behind and they have yet to ship a single production model out to anyone outside of the 501st members that got Celebration kits back in 2015.

I would deff stick to an ABS Plastic Kit such as KB Props with all the mods you will have to do for your height. The fiberglass can be modded but I suspect it would be a challenge and without the right equipment to protect yourself it could be dangerous if you don't know what your doing. I'm assuming you'll have to trim the leg and arm parts down quite a bit. I'm at 5'7" and I had to trim my leg pieces on the Original TK (nonapproved) (MonCal) by quite a bit.

Good luck and hope your able to find what works best for your needs. Wish I knew exactly which build to point you to. Might help to use search bar at top right and type short trooper or something along those line and see what pops up.

• Like 1