Armor Party (Central FL.) Nov. 11th

justjoseph63

For those in the central Florida area, Gary (Flashpoint0214) will be hosting another epic AP on Saturday, Nov. 11th from noon until 8-9 p.m.  If you are starting (or in the middle of) a TK build, or just want more information on the 501st, build techniques, etc. you are more than welcome!

If you've never been to an AP, here is an excerpt from my Armor Party 101 thread: 

You may have heard the term "Armor Party" mentioned here, and wondered exactly what that means.  While these are not "official" 501st or FISD events, below is some basic information which may be helpful for those who would like to either attend or host one.   

Goals

These events are aimed for those who are beginning or are in the process of building a set of TK armor.  There will be approved Troopers there who have been there-done that and will help you with any questions or problems you may encounter.

However...  if you have not received or even ordered your kit you are more than welcome (and encouraged) to attend.  These are "judgement free" zones, so no matter how strange or inane you think your questions may be (or how many you have) we have heard them all, and are here to assist you.   You will also get to meet the future friends you will be eventually trooping with.

Supplies

"I have my kit, so what else should I bring"?

1.  I would start with a spiral notebook and a pen.  This way you can write down any questions you may have before you get there, as well as take notes and contact information.  Bring these items even if you don't have your armor yet.

2.  Many hosts may have some supplies on hand, but what stage of your build you are in will determine what you will need.  I suggest bringing a Dremel tool (with accessories), clamps, magnets, E-6000, sandpaper, a pencil, etc.  When in doubt, bring everything you have.  A complete list can be found here:  https://www.whitearmor.net/forum/topic/31404-supply-list-for-your-tk-build/

3.  If you have them, bring your undersuit and boots.  These will come in handy for fitting your armor.

4.  If you have a laptop, bring it for FISD references. 

Food/Drinks

While some hosts will supply snacks and water, some make a whole day event (or a barbeque) out of it.  Ask your host in advance, and be prepared to bring your own water/soda/juice, snacks etc.

Some hosts allow alcohol (usually BYO), some do not, so please respect their wishes.  Again, check with the host before bringing it.  Not to be a buzzkill, but I personally don't recommend drinking while using a razor knife or electric tools.

Conduct

1.  If you smoke or vape, please check with your host to see if there is an area where you can do this and not offend others who don't.

2.  If you drink, please do it in moderation.

3.  If you need to use someone else's tools or supplies, ask beforehand.

4.  Please try to avoid bringing small children without checking with your host first.  Sharp objects, flying ABS pieces and kids may not mix.  Plus, they can get really bored.

5.  The same goes for pets.

6.  If you sign up to attend, please do so.

7.  Please do not expect others to build your armor for you at an AP.  They are here to help, not do it for you.  I have heard of some who actually dropped their armor off and said "I'll be back later to get it".  Needless to say it was left in the box untouched.

For more information, here is a link to the post on the FLG site, and I hope to see you there!    http://www.fl501st.com/boards/viewtopic.php?f=8&t=35904&p=561659#p561659