AB buttons getting scratched up when putting on armour

I am finally getting around to strapping my armour together, and as I stood proudly in front of the mirror, I noticed that while trying to snap the posterior buttons, I had bent over and the chest plate had scratched the ever loving crap out of my ab buttons. Is this common? Is there an easy fix other than not being an idiot? Do people cover them up when they are in storage so the buttons don't get messed up?

The paint being scuffed off of the ab buttons is common - and screen accurate. For the longest time I had no idea how I was ending up with blue scuffs on my inner right forearm, until it finally hit me that whenever I carry my blaster in a low position my forearm is perfectly positioned to rub against the ab buttons. Hence the blue markings. :blink:

If you want, you can pack your kit in your bin such that the ab buttons are protected by a piece of cloth or something. Otherwise, just keep a supply of the correct paint handy and be prepared to do frequent touch ups.

I cover mine with a towel when I pack it in my bag. Still get the odd scuff now and then but it’s easy enough to touch up, generally I do this when ever I give the armour a polish, it’s amazing how many marks and grime you can pick up trooping ;)