Doopy E-11 Build- ardyjO

ArdyjO

Any posts by punkkass11 are me too.. messed up my stupid Tapatalk accounts for a couple post

This is my ANH E11 build log. ANH E-11 just seems what a E-11 should look like, so that'ts what I'm going with. It will go with my Commander Iden Versio Inferno Squad costume, even though she probably would have a ROTJ E11, but the specs are specific :)

List of materials:

Build Page

Edited by ArdyjO
  • Like 1

PARTS USED OVERVIEW: 

RESIN PARTS- Doopy Doos Complete ANH Kit July 2017

M38 Scope - Resin Hollowed out with TRamp Mini Scope Display

Trigger- BlastFX Trigger with ShadowDefenseSystems trigger housing

Folding stock- Sterling M4 folding stock from Apex gun parts

Hengstler Counter- resin, hollowed out with BlastFX counter

Magazine- resin hollowed out- Tunisian clip from swpropman on ebay

Working spring action (hopefully)

Other part types

Replace resin screw heads with real screws

Sanded acrylic tube in barrel or blastfx

House BlastFX component and battery in magazine well (hopefully)

Edited by ArdyjO

Resin doopy builds are fun and give you lots to experiment with. Converting to make an operational resin folding stock is possible but very hard to replicate with just the doopy parts. There is someone who casts resin folding stocks part for part so it assembles like the real thing and folds and extends. 

Hollowing out the scope is also something I did at first. But after doing it I decided to cast scopes already hollow for builders to add lenses and other things like display boards. Check out my M38 scope project if you get a chance. Pics are all down I think but I can send you some photos if you want.

trigger operational is possible and not that hard. Lots of nice hengstler replicas being offered these days. Real ones harder to find. Fieldmarshall is making replicas that are pretty much the real deal. 

Ask away if you have more questions.  Check out the blaster reference for some amazing resin blaster mods. Should be linked in my signature. Hoping to have the photos back up in action at some point. Great stuff there.

• Like 1

Awesome! Really appreciate the tips dude ! Just what I needed. I think I cam across the scope build, hard without pictures. 

On 7/18/2017 at 4:47 AM, Bulldog44 said:

Resin doopy builds are fun and give you lots to experiment with. Converting to make an operational resin folding stock is possible but very hard to replicate with just the doopy parts. There is someone who casts resin folding stocks part for part so it assembles like the real thing and folds and extends. 

Hollowing out the scope is also something I did at first. But after doing it I decided to cast scopes already hollow for builders to add lenses and other things like display boards. Check out my M38 scope project if you get a chance. Pics are all down I think but I can send you some photos if you want.

trigger operational is possible and not that hard. Lots of nice hengstler replicas being offered these days. Real ones harder to find. Fieldmarshall is making replicas that are pretty much the real deal. 

Ask away if you have more questions.  Check out the blaster reference for some amazing resin blaster mods. Should be linked in my signature. Hoping to have the photos back up in action at some point. Great stuff there.

Edited by ardjO

https://app.box.com/s/qv56cqj8g2mts5opd05wvmmp60cbmj4j

You can view the promo pics of my kits from the link above.  Sorry for the project thread broken links. Not sure what to do about the photobucket fiasco.

• 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...

Drilled thru the ol finger for Halloween proping but back into the blaster build!

Managed to hollow out the scope without damaging it too much pierced a hole thri but it should be ok...

Decided to go with the Tramp scope and counter electronics to solve the scope and counter dillema .. now just need the green!!

Dont want to glue anything till I sort out the electronics since I'm a super noob in that department

Got a folding stock from Apex on the way so excited to get into that next!c2fc91149814e1941b461a302040c506.jpgfdf1092810c4b118bc61151c78233f2e.jpg

Sent from my SM-J700T using Tapatalk

Cleaned up the understock with some guner we had on hand. Seemed to work pretty good. Took a lot of paper towels and scrubbing, not too much scrubbing though.

There was a lot of dirt and grime built up in this thing. Really hard to get behind the release button buuuut finally got rid of the crunching sound when opening and closing it. Ran some alcohol thru it as well. Now I'm waiting for some Super Lube.

Next... how the hell to get it attached..ea49ea6cbe1faec818cae5c3e60e91fb.jpg

• Like 2

On ‎11‎/‎12‎/‎2017 at 10:13 PM, punkkass11 said:

Looking closer at the L2A3 Front Sight I got off a Brit. via ebay. Cleaned and disassembled. Has the imprints F58 and CR1179 on the bottom housing and F57 on the top sight. Neat that it is adjustable via tiny allen wrench. The bottom hole appears to be threaded too... trying to find reference on that.

Hi Ardyjo - Best reference picture compilation is found on the fist post of the FISD E-11 Blaster Reference. Click here for easy access: PDF Document Photo Compendium

37676358391_93c5e0e1c7_z.jpg

See PDF for the section on the front sight block...

37552913795_5b1485eb8a_z.jpg

• Like 1

12 hours ago, punkkass11 said:

Im sooo glad I found pix via the ref. Guide & Dracotroopers build on this dovetail... i woulda screwed it up fer sure ! Didnt turn out perfect but it fits and will work! Yay! Phew! Procratinating removing the bolt from the understock where they cut it from the SMG...

Glad I could be of some help there re: dovetail. ps, as you have it in the pictures, the pin needs to be rotated 90 degrees, with the pin slanting forward ;)

On ‎11‎/‎12‎/‎2017 at 8:51 PM, punkkass11 said:

... Next... how the hell to get it attached..

See entry #13 from the FISD E-11 Blaster Reference on the Folding Stock. Take a look at Mod I, from this entry. There are some insights on how to attach a real folding stock to resin.

Here's a quick link to it: #13 - The Folding Stock

Hope that helps you along your way on your build.

Sweet! thanks dude, I hadn't came across that guide yet. 

I still need to separate the connection receiver tube from the folding stock... procrastinating that mess.. 

Seen some where they just drill a hole in the resin to attach it or like the guide make a new tube. Just hoping if the resin breaks it won't damage too much ... hmmm... 

On 11/15/2017 at 9:23 AM, Dracotrooper said:

Hi Ardyjo - Best reference picture compilation is found on the fist post of the FISD E-11 Blaster Reference. Click here for easy access: PDF Document Photo Compendium

37676358391_93c5e0e1c7_z.jpg

See PDF for the section on the front sight block...

37552913795_5b1485eb8a_z.jpg

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

Hey ! Kinda looks like a blaster...

Stayin warm inside on xmas eve at the new workstation.

Trying to get the folding stock lever to secure and line up the pivot to run a bolt through. Gonna have to bang the stock straight again and wrestle with the resin end cap to slide into place. I just hope the resin pivot dont crack.

Trying to hollow out the Heng. for the BlastFx thats should be coming soon...

Got the dring on the end cap, may be a tad crooked, but this end cap is loosey goosey..

Gonna try and 3d print a larger magazine...

And it looks like imma have to find a separate trigger guard and grip ... using this solid resin piece dont seem so fun/possible for the BlastFx install..

100e01a019158d0f3d44d80dd86f2047.jpgc71bc9489e55311cf71347e318b1d322.jpgc3e1ab1a842572b26200d0a5ff1dde51.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

10 days off work and noooow I decide to fiddle with something...

Was waiting on the electronics but decided to play with the power cylinders found the awesome detailed guide halfway through and had to backstep... just needs some more paint. I have bad luck when painting plastics/resin... maybes its the rustoleum paint primer and one or the temp. orrrr me! Cynlinders came out a lil spotchy. Went with layout A of the different variations identified of capacitors etc.

Used a yard sign stick to cut custom capacitors. Printed Metalmite text on some labels and sanded the metal up. Fabbed the capacitor ends from cardboard. Cut screws in half and screwed them in the pre-drilled cylinder holes. Thanks to Tino for the lil red cordy stuff , it adds that touch. Yanked some lil tubey things off the computer parts laying around..

Far from perfect even unfinished but I will take it 02243329a7cf453f8c2305f593c5a77d.jpg760b363ceabea4715dbb9a0a729d1517.jpgd13aaa60eff9b0b7a6b3644eae5b93c3.jpg4f8d13f69c56714224432419d5914650.jpg2e7fac286fab47aaebcd7c4d868386ab.jpg

• 2 months later...

Back on the E11. Finished my Monster MSE Droid

Soo..... I realized the Shapeways scope insert for the blastfx scope sight didnt have the m38 imprint so, I cut off the inner part and sunk it into the scope so the doopy scope end fits over it. Had to carve and mold a holder for the red and clear lens.. BUT i think it will work! All that to save a few bucks and not reorder the printed one now available uggg

Also, got a bigger clip off ebay. Its plastic and hollow so I hope to use it as my battery holder!

Also hollowed out the doopy counter box and fabed it to hold the lens i got off ebay. This will also house the blastfx counter. Also to save $ from the nice shapeways box for the blastfx. I think it will work out

Got the shapeways trigger hole in the handle. It is supposed to work with the blastfx switch kinda hair trigger like without a spring so we will see. Also drilled a hole down the handle for the rumble mechanism.

Getting close to paint time.1e8219934b7e15d7dabe6c463cc25e13.jpgb5234e1312d9858b968f1a049b92d168.jpg4b58a3ec183cf1850d399306bfbf318b.jpg32046f7a4f596c3f94bcb3688a4ff001.jpg7f9af63822e96ffb1e390c909ce5a9ee.jpg2cb971ff38ba2533493ecde70c1ed1f6.jpg8cb054ca26cc8bc36109c82f7cd8eebe.jpg44f19b7e993b21145412864ba5601326.jpg6b0a9ba811be45a6aab890a30d9495df.jpg

• Like 1

Great you’re able to preserve imprint details for your scope it’s always a nice touch to keep them for realism- kuddos. How brave you are to hollow so much, nice work! Nice test fit picture of your plastic magazine - looks like from swpropman? Will you shorten the magazine to get it to size or hollow out the magazine housing? The latter task involves thinning allot of the walls so care should be taken during hollow process. Man, you’re progressing fast on grip components - curious to see the trigger housing from shapeways installed

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
Great you’re able to preserve imprint details for your scope it’s always a nice touch to keep them for realism- kuddos. How brave you are to hollow so much, nice work! Nice test fit picture of your plastic magazine - looks like from swpropman? Will you shorten the magazine to get it to size or hollow out the magazine housing? The latter task involves thinning allot of the walls so care should be taken during hollow process. Man, you’re progressing fast on grip components - curious to see the trigger housing from shapeways installed

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Longest build I've done to date! Just trying to get it satisfactory .. yours is so detailed its awesome. I keep looking at yours am like man I have to try that Haha.. yea I think I will be happy with the scope now , only made a few unintentional holes lol

I am going to hollow out the mag. Housing .. I need to figure out how to secure the mag in there. Yep from swpropman.. totally should have made a styrene 1 ! Didnt consider that! Ug... Trying to figure out your latch thing you built for the mag housing, but I dunno if will work to hold clip in there. Maybe magnets... Planning to pack the same battery you have in there or even 2 and be able to pop it off when they need recharging.

The trigger mech was so easy for install it was going over my head just cuz the lil blastfx trigger didnt fit thru the top haha so dumb, its a nice hair trigger

The blastfx builders group has saved me for installing the electronics...

Now the spring is driving me nuts

97071f7e391d2a98c09ccd06ed03fad8.jpg

• Like 1

Practicing paint on the resin folding (not so folding stock) ugg makes me nervous but its lookin pretty good

Etching primer, metallic silver, satin black and then hammered black on top seems to be pretty good trying to match the actual folding stock

Got some gold for the scope, it was the bronziest I could find, a lil on the light side tho. dd2fb6213d354948e984f7cc3b186ca0.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

Modded the counter with magnets to be able to open up if needed. It is pretty secure. Cut speaker slits. It will house the BlastFX speaker, counter, and selector switch.... for now.

Making some alien eyeballs with failed spring attempts for Yuris night next week. Haha Found the correct spring finally on ebay.. 7/8" 3.40 lb spring rate. My last was way to stiff at 30lbs.eeef53ee18e03d3f69328946d92e4156.jpg24fda2026aad7ea2e78d70877202f545.jpg87aecb0121c0f42a16373e11a9f11c63.jpg

1d5503e463f2a64d53391dcf9cf5740b.jpg