A few fine tuning questions

For the past week I've been building my sons Anovos armor, I'm close to being done but have a few questions. Unfortunately no pics as Tapatalk isn't working and I can't upload from my phone, also I don't have a computer. 

1. The butt plate flairs out a bit. Can I work that with my hands a bit to curve the sides in or do I need to heat it? What works best?

2. We used the Mrnostripes brackets which are great but the chest sits a little high up due to the elastics in the brackets not letting the chest sit flat. I thought about making larger loops to allow it to lay flatter against his chest.

3. The top back plate tends to want to sit low on the back of his shoulders, should that be something heated and bent? He could actually have the front and back plates touching without a gap, I measured out about 1 1/2" of elastic showing on each side, because I'm assuming those plates should have space between them.

my son is about 5'11" and maybe 160lbs, He has room in the armor but I hesitate wanting to trim anything as he may grow a little yet at only 18. Overall he really looks good in the armor and it seems to be more of a fine tuning at this time. Sorry I can't post pics. Thanks for any help, this is my first build. I tried a copy paste of the pic of the butt plate, maybe it'll show up.

Edited by Deckard1138

Hi Mike. So I'll give it a shot. 

1.  Yeah you are going to need to heat the butt plate in order to reshape it. You have two options, 1. Use a heat gun and reshape it. Be careful because you can melt the ABS with it.  2. You can get some twine or rope and tie it around the butt plate very tightly in the position you want it. Then get a large pail and put the butt plate in it. Boil up some water and pour it in the bucket. One it cools take the butt plate out and remove the twine. It should stay in that position. 

2.  I'm unsure of the issue going on here. I use the brackets as well and my chest sits out some but only because of the size of the return edge on my chest plate in order to put the brackets in. The elastic shouldn't be effecting it. I would need pictures for this one. 

3.  In my opinion I would rather have them closer together instead of having the back plate sag down. But you need to have some elastic showing between the two plates so you can connect the shoulder bells. You son sounds skinny but his height is spot on. I think you should be able to work on it and make it look right. I wouldn't try to reshape either peices. 

Anyway i hope this helps some. Of course I would love to see some pictures somehow. Just keep working and you guys will get it to where you like it. Good luck!

• Like 1