Tips for shimming kidney plate?

After some weight gain since I started my TK I think that I cut my kidney plate too far back to be 501st approved. There's about a 1 1/2 - 1" gap between the kidney plate and my ab plate now. Does any one have any good illustrations of how I can shim it up?

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

For basic approval, it's no issue.

What I did, I've glued my shims from the inside of my kidney plate.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Who made your armor, Garrett?  The reason I ask is that many of them (except for Anovos) can supply you with the extra ABS you will need.  You will need to cut it to the correct size, match it up with your present kidney, and attach a plate behind the join for support.  After that, mix up up some ABS paste (PM me if you need help on that), fill the joint and holes from the rivets if you used those, sand down the area and using a product like Novus system and polish it smooth.  It's a bit of work, obviously, but well worth the effort.  Here is an example of how to get it looking great:  http://www.whitearmor.net/forum/topic/37728-kidney-shim-taper-question/?hl=%2Bplate+%2Bshims