Edited by hittman

• 2 weeks later...

Here are some additional Pics

Inside Belt

EIB%20Belt%20Box%20Back_zpsikpe4a71.jpg

TK Boots

IMG_1793_zpsilhhpgns.jpg

Thigh Ammo Inside - Double Cap Rivet

EIB%20Thigh%20Ammo%20Inside_zpso2lcbgqr.

Thigh Ammo Unpainted

EIB%20Thigh%20Ammo%20Pre%20Paint_zpswv6s

Thigh Ammo Painted

EIB%20Thigh%20Ammo%20Painted%20Inside_zp

Ab Detail

EIB%20Abdoment%20Detail%202_zpsbyx6sjhd.

Interior Strapping

EIB%20Interior%20Strapping%20Abdomen_zps

EIB%20Butt%20Kidney_zpsqjddkcvn.jpg

EIB%20Interior%20Strapping%20Kidney_zpst

EIB%20Right%20Shoulder%20Strap_zpsrmwz57

EIB%20Left%20Shoulder%20Strap_zpsldtbddg

Glove Right

EIB%20Right%20Hand%20Plate_zpsj6evobsa.j

EIB%20Right%20Hand%20Plate%20Top_zpsyqhw

Glove Left

EIB%20Left%20Hand%20Plate_zpseuexzkuw.jp

EIB%20Left%20Hand%20Plate%20Top_zps55ing

Sniper

EIB%20Sniper%20Plate%20Left_zpsejugcowa.

EIB%20Sniper%20Plate%20Right_zpsxxgxnqf4

EIB%20Sniper%20Plate_zpswb9voxkk.jpg

Have many more photos, so if there are any angles I missed let me know.  I tried to take all Level 2 and Level 3 photos in one shoot... wife is not very patient, and is getting a little upset with me :)

Thanks!

Edited by hittman
  • Like 1

It does appear that ANH-S is very well represented but ESB is much less common.   I was hoping for some criticism for missed details or photos, not sure what to think about 70+ views and so few replies.  As an optimist, I chose to believe that everything is in order :) 

I did see that I needed to change out the rivets in the thigh ammo pouch which was pretty painless and only took about 30 minutes.  The Double Cap rivets are not as tight as the snap rivets but look like they will do the job.  I wish I could find a better tool for them.  Using a Hammer and punch was a bit cumbersome, and made me a bit nervous... there really is not much room to make a mistake.  

Hey Joshua thank you for your patience. Sly or myself will be with your shortly but before we get started we have a minor request and a requirement that needs to be addressed. For the minor request please add the following photos that are still needed, right side helmet, exterior cod and posterior.

As for the requirement, the CRL states: For level two certification (if applicable): Back plate shall have no, or minimal overlap of the kidney plate. It appears from a few angles you have a good amount of the back plate covering the kidney. This will need to be reduced to roughly "0" before we can proceed. Good news it appears your kidney and ab sections can be dropped considerably, which will also reduce the cod & posterior to thigh gap which we were going to discuss when we reported on your app. So, a couple minor fixes and you should be ready to rock this app Josh :jc_doublethumbup: . 

Joshua, nice job on your build.

I agree, ESB definitely does not have enough people attacking it so you will not have so many people shimming in.

Tony just mentioned you have to work on the overlapping on the chest and back. With your height it surprises me that this is an issue, but you can clearly see in your pictures that they extend over the ab and kidney respectively.

Also, you are missing a picture of the front detail of the thermal detonator.

You are also missing a picture of the cod rivet and also the snaps on your butt plate. You would also have to show the strap connection between the two as well.

You are almost there.

Good Luck Bud!

• Like 1

Also, you are missing a picture of the front detail of the thermal detonator.

David is correct here please provide a photo showing the TD clips to tube connection. Thanks David ;)  

I will take some more photos Tomorrow... I have a post event garrison party... err meeting :)  where I can have more eyes on it.  My wife which I love dearly does not catch these details and it is tough for me to see.  I can see that I was wearing the ab higher than typical, so I will correct.  I will also post the other photos requested... 

Additional requested Photos... Including corrected back plate kidney gap address.

Tightened the interior strap between kidney and backplate. 

Front

IMG_1799_zpsg0mknhkg.jpg

Rear (Overlap corrected)

IMG_1805_zpsvnkvb6yw.jpg

EIB%20COD%20Snap_zpsgdgtanzw.jpg

EIB%20Posterior%20Snap_zpsgc3pmjtc.jpg

IMG_1828_zpsswlo4osw.jpg

IMG_1827_zpseb6lyixr.jpg

Bottom of TD

IMG_1835_zpsgkaitjuy.jpg

Right Side of Bucket

IMG_1832_zpsiogwvezi.jpg

It was painted white... Came that way from RS.  I scraped the paint of with my fingernail... Although the CRL makes no mention of this rivet specifically until level 3 where it states on the abdomen, "Rivets are painted white."  

Looking closely at the ESB CRL it looks like the Model also has a painted white rivet on the front cod portion of the armor.

It was painted white... Came that way from RS.  I scraped the paint of with my fingernail... Although the CRL makes no mention of this rivet specifically until level 3 where it states on the abdomen, "Rivets are painted white."  

Looking closely at the ESB CRL it looks like the Model also has a painted white rivet on the front cod portion of the armor.

Almost there Josh, thanks for the additional photos. For the record, the CRL quote "Rivets are painted white" under the "Abdomen Armor" section is referring to the Kidney to Ab side rivets, all other rivets or snaps are to remain unpainted, this includes the posterior snaps also.  

The CRL is always under refinement, thank you for reminding us of another area we need to correct  :duim:

Hey Joshua, thank you for your EI application. Thank you for making the required or suggested corrections and adding or updating photos Let's take a look.

CRL and EIB Application Requirements:

All the required submission photos have been posted. Very nice work on your build, way to go!!   :th_AnimatedBravoSmiley: . After further review we are glad to say your armor displays all the necessary elements to qualify for Expert Infantry. Welcome and congratulations trooper      :salute:

Other-Armor Fit/Assembly:

In this section we review observations made by your fellow troopers and ourselves. Some observations may lead to suggestions to improve the overall look of your armor. If any suggestion affects any application, it will be listed separately in the above or below sections. The only area worth talking about are the hand guards. In the CRL states there are two options, hand plates are stitched to fabric gloves, or a single strap is used to secure them to rubber gloves. Creatively you have done both well, sort of   ;) however, though there's nothing stating you can't have both, to be accurate choosing one or the other is suggested.  

For level two certification (if applicable):

• If rubber gloves are worn the hand plates are affixed via an elastic strap over the palm.
  • If silk or satin gloves are worn, the hand plates have the correct visible stitching pattern using black cotton, with a five point/star pattern, equally spread out with 2 on each side and 1 in the middle front, and needs to be double stitched at each point.

Centurion Suggestions:

In this section we prepare you for Centurion. If there were any areas of concern they would be discussed here, and we have nothing to add. Excellent job on your build and we hope to see you at Centurion very soon        :jc_doublethumbup:

• Like 1