The Anonymous Egyptian's ESB Armour build! (ATA Kit)

Hi there everyone, any tutorials you know regarding velcro shin backs? I've considered the hook method, but for now, I'm happy to simply velcro them together.

Additionally, does anyone know what the standings are on the cover strip and ridge sizes on Stormtrooper level? For example, if my ridge was above the recommended 15mm size, would that exclude me from achieving, say, Centurion Level? I've thoroughly read through the CRL and there seems to be nothing on that area. Finally, does anyone have any tutorials on shimming the kidney and abdomen gap? Thanks!!!!

PS, if moderators are reading, I LOVE THE NEW FISD!!!

Cover strip specs:

Arms 15mm

Legs (except calf) 20mm

Calf 25mm

Calf velcro install - If you've installed a 25mm cover strip, using mineral spirits or similar remove any oil or dirt by cleaning the cover strip extending from the shin, and the inside shin half, roughly 1/2" from the edge.

Using 3/8" to 1/2" wide strips install velcro the entire length of the calf or 2" long sections in three separate locations (upper, center, lower), similar to where hooks would have been installed. 

Hope this helps

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, ukswrath said:

Cover strip specs:

Arms 15mm

Legs (except calf) 20mm

Calf 25mm

Calf velcro install - If you've installed a 25mm cover strip, using mineral spirits or similar remove any oil or dirt by cleaning the cover strip extending from the shin, and the inside shin half, roughly 1/2" from the edge.

Using 3/8" to 1/2" wide strips install velcro the entire length of the calf or 2" long sections in three separate locations (upper, center, lower), similar to where hooks would have been installed. 

Hope this helps

It really does!!!

Thank you!!

• Like 1

Does anyone have any advice regarding cover strip sizes at the back of thighs? See my issue is that my thighs are very large, and as much as I like to think it's weight related, it appears to be genetic! Even though I'm working hard to lose weight in that area, I'm still not able to make them fit without a HUGE ridge showing. I've heard of solutions from extending the plastic to large back cover strips for the thigh pieces. Does anyone know the rules and regulations regarding extending the back strips? Thank you!! 

What is recommended is add shims using ABS past to fill in the seam. Afterwards install correct size cover strips. There are a few threads on how to do. FISD attache Walter Paet has a nice tutorial. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, ukswrath said:

What is recommended is add shims using ABS past to fill in the seam. Afterwards install correct size cover strips. There are a few threads on how to do. FISD attache Walter Paet has a nice tutorial. 

Awesome, however, I can't seem to find it, do you have a link? Thanks!!

• The Anonymous Egyptian changed the title to The Anonymous Egyptian's ESB Armour build! (ATA Kit)
  • 4 weeks later...

FINALLY TAPATALK IS BACK UP!! The Build's been logged, but it's been difficult to upload pictures, which are paramount.

So let's summarise;
After just over two months I've now finished the majority of the armour, all that needs sorting now is the thermal detonator and some rivet placement.
I attended my first full armour "troop" at LFCC, which went absolutely amazing. I've gotta say, I was not prepared for the amounts queuing for photos at the convention, really boosted confidence though !!If you see in the convention photos, you'll find I even fashioned myself a DIY Neck seal!!
I'm also aware a button plate dropped off and my hand guards are wrong, but I'm sorting it!!
Thanks for the support from everyone so far and hold on for more updates soon!!

-Omar, The Anonymous Egyptianb67d85c9a3cea4c1c2ccf75b5f3423ce.jpg14b5898b5b53459e9a27694c268fbd54.jpgedfb72f0c01a95b70933b1231d75b628.jpgf8250d164080e36521e41fcf359ea4a8.jpg61fef694755a33f3495152dc4753d3cf.jpg38d981ec05d4dd9ce7f63830eb935be9.jpg3780ad317b36054b31258266e6994cc4.jpg9bd3673867602a178c136da2650205fd.jpg59bccbdb8554633db2bffaedbbf27498.jpg

Sent from my Wileyfox Spark using Tapatalk