To Paint or Not to Paint?

TheMagicMan

Fellow TK's, I'm in the process of gathering my supplies for my armor build and was curious; do any of you fully paint your armor? I'm asking because I'm not the world's best painter and I don't want to screw up my armor before I even get the first chance to wear it. Any input here would be appreciated!

Fellow TK's, I'm in the process of gathering my supplies for my armor build and was curious; do any of you fully paint your armor? I'm asking because I'm not the world's best painter and I don't want to screw up my armor before I even get the first chance to wear it. Any input here would be appreciated!

Hey Josh welcome. If your kit is ABS you shouldn't have to paint. Some armor does require painting. 

Also, if you start a build thread we can assist you better.

Hope this helps

Hey Josh welcome. EDIT: Just realized you're referring to FOTK armor, yes you'll need to paint the armor unless specified otherwise.

If you start a build thread we can assist you better.

Hope this helps

.... OK, I have no idea how this posted here, but this was supposed to be in the ANH subforum! This is why I have posting from my phone! If an administrator can move this to the appropriate forum, I'd appreciate it.

.... OK, I have no idea how this posted here, but this was supposed to be in the ANH subforum! This is why I have posting from my phone! If an administrator can move this to the appropriate forum, I'd appreciate it.

Done!

I agree.  ABS doesn't normally need painting.  And if you DO paint, considering armor tends to take a beating, you'll be consigning yourself to the armor's lifetime worth of touchups...

Hey Josh welcome. If your kit is ABS you shouldn't have to paint. Some armor does require painting. 

Also, if you start a build thread we can assist you better.

Hope this helps

Actually, way ahead of you there; Look in the builds thread and you should find it. It's ABS, so I should be good.

I agree.  ABS doesn't normally need painting.  And if you DO paint, considering armor tends to take a beating, you'll be consigning yourself to the armor's lifetime worth of touchups...

This is true. I'll paint the parts that absolutely need to be painted, but the rest will remain unpainted. :)