Possible to get approval with ArmorFX kit?

Hi, <br><br>

I bought an ArmorFX kit about 15 years ago but never even came close to finishing it. I don't know 100% if I want to try for approval, but since I'm going to have to do heavy modifications to it anyway (I'm 5'3") I thought maybe I'd see if it's even possible to get approval with an FX kit if I do decide I want to try. I saw the CRL says ArmorFX helmets are no longer allowed, but I thought I read somewhere else that the entire kit might not be allowed anymore. Any advice? Are there any threads that someone can link about the modifications needed for an FX kit for approval? All forum search terms need to be 3 characters or longer so it's hard to search for. <br><br>

If the consensus is that it's difficult/impossible to get approval with an FX kit, I might just get an Anovos or WTF kit.<br><br>

Thanks!

Yes, FX kits are still approvable (although the FX helmet is not). If it's that old, then it probably has the oversized black ab buttons, plastic belt, silver thermal detonator strips, etc. All of that will need to be upgraded.

I see this is your first post. Welcome to the FISD. I highly suggest you also reach out to your local garrison - where are you located?

Thanks everyone! I used Google search and found a number of FX and AM build threads which have been really helpful. I also reached out to the GGG to double check that FX is still approveable. Assuming it is, my big dilemma now is whether to put in the time/money/effort to make it approveable, or if it makes more sense to buy a newer kit that will be easier to get approved. I'm not interested in getting Centurion approval, but if the FX armor is going to be a huge pain, I might not want to do it.

Your biggest challege will be to cut down and (if need be) reshape the FX kit to fit your 5'3" frame. I'd personally done it for a garrison member (she is 5'1"), but it takes time and know-how.

Yeah, definitely agree. I know FX is considered the largest armor out there, but it seems like any kit is going to take tons of work on my frame. (eg Cricket's amazing recent RS build <a data-ipb='nomediaparse' href='http://www.whitearmor.net/forum/topic/38416-crickets-rs-stunt-build-for-the-vertically-challenged/?fromsearch=1)'>http://www.whitearmor.net/forum/topic/38416-crickets-rs-stunt-build-for-the-vertically-challenged/?fromsearch=1)</a>

After reading tons of build threads and taking a good look at the state of my FX armor, I realized that 20 year old me really had no idea what she was doing, and I think it's going to take nearly as much time and effort (and possibly money) to get it into a good state as it would building a new kit from scratch. So I just put in an order with WTF for a new TK kit, and I'm going to use my old FX kit for practice on resizing/reshaping/etc. I'll keep the massive helmet as a display piece. Walt has a 6-8 week wait after the influx of orders from celebration, so hopefully that should give me time to gather up supplies, boots, belt, etc. and gain some confidence that I'm not going to mangle this new kit.