Painted & Clear coated armor turned yellow. Case?

Recently I purchased new crates for my armor from Home Depot, the black ones with yellow lids (cheap). After repainting and adding 2 layers of clear coat to my kit it was very white and glossy BUT. After it cured and was trooped in twice I stored the suit (except the helmet) in the crates...pull it out for rouge 1 and everything is an ugly shade of yellow while the helmet remained white. <br>

I looked up "yellow armor" but all the threads I can find are regarding the plastic itself yellowing witch is not the case here<br>

Could this be due to the totes? Any options besides full strip and repaint?

It could be several combinations, reaction of the paint to plastic or the boxes. Really without trying to replicate what has happened it could be hard to find the answer. A lot of clear varnishes will yellow while curing and can take some time to do this.<br><br><br>

I had a black towel wrapped around some of my painted pieces and some black leached into the paint, luckily enough it wasn't deep and I used a cutting polish and removed the black.<br><br><br>

Really depends how thick your paint is, you could try some cutting compound on a small area not very visible and see if that removed the yellowing. If it doesn't you may have to sand it all and repaint.<br><br><br>

What paint did you use? Also did you use the same make clear coat, mixing some paint types can cause issues.<br><br><br>

Can you post a few photos?

Edited by gmrhodes13