First Troop

mikidymac

Well, it finally happened.... we got our first troop out of the way.

I was approved as TK-76131 about a month ago and have been working every spare minute to get my wife's shadow trooper finished. With all the help here we finally made it.

We contacted our local theater and they agreed to have us at the opening of Rogue One last night. This was my first troop other than Halloween night with my son and this was the first time we had her full suit on. If was pretty hectic getting her fully dressed and first run with the Icomm's in the back room of the theater. It seemed like every two minutes the manager was knocking on the door asking if we were ready yet and saying he can't hold the line any longer. It felt like hours to get ready but it was only about 20 minutes. This was going to be trial by fire. But everything worked out great with just a few mic issues with the Icomm but nothing major especially for a first run. The only thing missing was her blaster and one kid even called her out on it. I simply explained, "Empire budget cuts sir!", but actually it was a husband's lack of time.

IMG950332_zpsddlc5wti.jpg

Edited by gmrhodes13
photo updated
  • Like 6

Well done. Love the husband-wife trooping teams. :)

Question for you - did your wife get any "oh my gosh ... that one is a GIRL!" moments? :laugh1:

Not that I know of, but we were working different areas. The only time I saw much of her was when people wanted pictures with the both of us. We were having problems with her mic and her speaker was on her back and people couldn't hear her very well. I have mine mounted in my chest plate and it was great. We had to mount hers in her back plate because there isn't any room in her chest plate being a well endowed female trooper. 

I know someone called her Darth Vader and she immediately corrected them. She also said some woman came up behind her and grabbed her helmet and shook it and was very rude but other than that it was a great time.