6"2 180 Fit Question on (A or B) or option C?

I can't decide between these (3) options:

The Original Storm Trooper Hero Kit around 1900$ US (fluctuating pound to usd)

The Anovos Imperial Ensemble Kit 1800$

The Anovos DIY Kit w/ Soft goods 650$

6"1 Ft. tall, 180lbs  Fit - Ectomorph 

The Original StormTrooper UK company seams the most legit, the Special Edition looks rock solid.  I don't care yet about joining 501, as I' plan to do product reviews as a stormtrooper, and use costume to Cosplay . 

The Anovos $1800 has the best reviews, yet, the Original StormTrooper kit seams better for similar price

The Anovos $650 DIY Kit - While this looks cheap, and fun to compile, I am by no means talented with my hands... and worried I might waste 450$ AND end up with a sub-par suit. 

My goal is to look the best, given my ideal frame, height

I've read a large amount of articles, just looking for some last minute feedback prior to purchasing and diving in.... Thank you!!!!

You will almost always get more out of the experience with a DIY kit and it also will fit you better by building it to your specific proportions - not to mention being 1/3 the cost of an assembled kit and receiving it much faster than an assembled costume. You may not get the Anovos kit anytime soon, but it's proven to be a decent kit at a great price. Furthermore, nearly all of us started our journeys with little-to-no experience or skill in building armored costumes - once you dive into it it's not as hard as you think and you have the best minds available here at your fingertips. If you ditch the soft goods (and Anovos' undersuit, gloves, and neck seal are are nowhere near worth the extra $200), you can get a kit for even less money.

Having said that, RS Propmasters is a solid choice for either a DIY kit or an assembled costume. Just expect that if you go with an assembled costume, there will be fitting tweaks that need to be made once you get it before you can truly call it yours. They also tend to be backlogged, in particular when it comes to commissioned builds.

I'm not sure where you are reading that the Anovos assembled kit has the best reviews, but from everything I've seen it would be the worst choice by far. Shoddy assembly (seriously - I've seen stuff like the ab button plate being glued on upside down  :huh: ), and due to the adhesive they use it's almost completely unalterable if it doesn't fit you perfectly right out of the box - and they build them "one size fits all". Not to mention the costs (which doesn't include taxes and shipping) and their laughable reputation of delivering their products on time.

Oh, that part about not caring about joining the 501st (and presumably having to meet 501st quality control standards)? I saw that A LOT in the Anovos Builders Group on Facebook last year before the kits starting shipping - in fact I would say the large majority of those posting there had that same position. Fast forward a year later, and now I hardly see it at all. Quite the opposite, actually - most have found that trooping with a like-minded group is so much more fun than doing stuff as a solo trooper. So do yourself a favor - build (or have it built) to 501st standards right out of the gate even if you don't plan on applying right away. You won't regret it. ;)

• Like 2

Some sound advice from Brian.  :duim:  

And don't be afraid to build it yourself! You'll have plenty of support and guidance from us here and if you contact your local garrison I am sure they would be happy to help out as well. 

• Like 1

Thank you Gentlemen Great Feedback!!! Maybe i'll look into 501st legion after-all.... I'm sure it is not only informative, encouraging, but also quite entertaining.  

I guess maybe Anovos marketing team is doing their job... or maybe my queries are poorly worded. At anyrate, you guys are very helpful and again I am grateful for the analysis. 

I live in a smallish* north eastern Wisconsin town (Appleton), i'll have to see where the closest garrison is.

Edited by DecipherTaughtMe

I concur.  The RS armor is outstanding, but pricey, and delivery dates for completed armor are an unknown.  If you can afford it, and aren't in a hurry, it's a great option.

The Anovos kit delivery time is also something of an unknown, unfortunately, but the price is MUCH lower.  It's not "the best" armor out there, but it's a solid, decent choice.  Many, many 501st members trooping happily in Anovos armor, myself included.  (and I'm 6'3", $220, btw... you'll fit even better than I do)

I would avoid the Anovos completed/pre-built armor like the plague, for all the reasons Brian mentioned.  Insane price, bad (non-fixable!) assembly, one size fits all (if you define "all" as "only those with the ideal body type") and equally unknown delivery times.  All of the downsides, none of the upsides.

Building armor to 501st specs is not that much more difficult than building to any spec that's remotely accurate.  I agree I would definitely go that route.  And trooping with others who feel the same is a LOT more than just being some random guy wandering around the parking lot wearing armor, LOL!