Some help with repairs?

Venator

As you can see I'm quite obviously a newbie.. So, let's get right to the point! I took my niece and nephew out for Halloween and a few parts managed to well.. Break. I'll post my issues down below.

post-30167-0-25419400-1478314504_thumb.jpeg

Now for this first piece, I need to know a proper adhesive to re-bond the two together. I know E6000 is the highly recommended glue to use, but I'm not sure if it would work well with fabric or not -- which is what I am wondering.

post-30167-0-79279500-1478314595_thumb.jpeg

Now here.. Right now I am pulling out the butt armor plate and on this side, the parts are not there. They 'snapped' off.. And as you can see below..

post-30167-0-84000800-1478314715_thumb.jpeg

There is a strap that holds onto the butt armor from the back with some metal rod and two nuts. I don't know the exact specification and getting in contact with RS has been proven to be a bit difficult.. Can I have a list of items I need to buy? Thanks!

They don't need them for approval, using glue is fine. :) But pop rivets are nice to be sure.

Yes, but if you're using the original method of the strapping system (which is authentic) for the sake of a couple of rivets, why not go the whole hog

Marc

E6000 works extremely well on fabric. I believe RS uses superglue to build their kits which is not the best.

The correct fixing to use for the drop boxes are single capped rivets. The rivet in fixed to the inner half of the drop box before the outer half is glue in place. This could be troublesome for you since the drop box is glued shut, so you might be better off using E6000 and a pop rivet.

• Like 2