AlphaZulu Anovos Stunt TK Build

AlphaZulu

I really should have started this build thread when I actually started building but my Advisor was helping me along on the Garrison page so I never thought to open one here. I am at the point though that multiple suggestions and experiences would be welcomed. I am a bigger boy and I have an Anovos kit. I know I probably should have gone with something different but I purchased the untrimmed kit from another member for a good price. I have added ab shims and I think we are making good progress.  

All pieces have been cut out and I have been working on my chest, ab, butt, kidney, and back sections. I will add individual questions in the thread so I can keep some order in this.

Any constructive input is appreciated!

I have read about the return edges, but unfortunately I am having a hard time understanding the post here on whitearmor. I just had a hard time following the verbage as a newbie. Can anyone explain it better or better yet know where I can find pictures? I am not going for higher levels, I am happy with correct and comfortable.

I purchased a neckseal from Darman (which is awesome) because the Anovos one is made for smaller people (which in all fairness I knew going into this). I am also having trouble with the belt. I am thinking of picking up a new canvas one. Is it normal to replace the Anovos belt?

I'm thinking one of my snaps on my ab armor is the wrong size. they only give you one size snap but the female end just falls off of the one male end. I tried other female ends and I think the male end is just oddly small. Can i fix that? if i have to remove a button that has already been stamped onto the armor, how would you suggest taking it out? Drilling?

I purchased a neckseal from Darman (which is awesome) because the Anovos one is made for smaller people (which in all fairness I knew going into this). I am also having trouble with the belt. I am thinking of picking up a new canvas one. Is it normal to replace the Anovos belt?

Yes, about everybody (including me) replaced the belt.

My button plate looks stupid because its a flat item on a rounded background. Am I just being too picky or is there a way to make it look better?

Pics would help!!

Here's how..

http://www.whitearmor.net/forum/tutorials/article/48-posting-images-in-threads-2015/

Have you put glue on the corners? And also note, there are often little issues that we see with our armor that others don't. Once you have the button plate painted and you suit is complete I bet no one will notice.

If it is a problem, try re-gluing, and use strong rare earth magnets to hold in place while curing.

Your GML will let you know if it needs to be fixed as well. 

• 4 weeks later...

What are some E-11 Blaster options I have? Currently I'm looking into this http://www.doopydoos.com/stormtrooper-e-11-complete-anh-e-11-blaster-kit-offer-2685-p.asp

I don't mind doing the work, I actually enjoy it, but what are the other options? I don't plan on putting Hyperfirm type money down. I understand they are high quality and tough but I'm just looking for good enough to troop.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I too had issues with the term return edges. Humperdingle assisted with that (thank you).

Quote from Hump, "It's the lip of the armor that returns to the body, giving the impression the armor is thicker than it actually is. "

• Like 1

What are some E-11 Blaster options I have? Currently I'm looking into this http://www.doopydoos.com/stormtrooper-e-11-complete-anh-e-11-blaster-kit-offer-2685-p.asp

I don't mind doing the work, I actually enjoy it, but what are the other options? I don't plan on putting Hyperfirm type money down. I understand they are high quality and tough but I'm just looking for good enough to troop.

I have a doopydoo and it is great. Just know that all-in-all you'll probably be spending $130ish (which include the shipping from UK) to finish the gun. At that amount of money you'll only be $30 away from a Hyperfirm.

If I had know this I would have gotten a Hyperfirm instead.

Don't get me wrong, I love my Doopy Doos blaster, it's a great blaster for accuracy, but I love my Hyperfirm DLT. The fact that you can let a child or anyone hold it and if they drop it your blaster will be fine. It's up to you, but I recommend the rubber opposed to the resin.

• Like 2

I have a doopydoo and it is great. Just know that all-in-all you'll probably be spending $130ish (which include the shipping from UK) to finish the gun. At that amount of money you'll only be $30 away from a Hyperfirm.

Don't get me wrong, I love my Doopy Doos blaster, it's a great blaster for accuracy, but I love my Hyperfirm DLT. The fact that you can let a child or anyone hold it and if they drop it your blaster will be fine. It's up to you, but I recommend the rubber opposed to the resin.

Yeah I would agree with the resilience of a rubber blaster. However, the one you'd ideal want to show off, would be the most accurate. Here's my Doopy's build thread

http://www.whitearmor.net/forum/index.php?/topic/38731-CTID's-Doopy's-E-11-Build

Regards

Marc

I was having issues with their website. Is that how you order them? It probably just didn't scale to my phone so I'll check tonight. I have a 1 year old so maybe resiliency is the smart way. Thanks for adding a price element. That is great insight

I was having issues with their website. Is that how you order them? It probably just didn't scale to my phone so I'll check tonight. I have a 1 year old so maybe resiliency is the smart way. Thanks for adding a price element. That is great insight

Order from who?

Doopy Doos: http://www.doopydoos.com/stormtrooper-e-11-complete-anh-e-11-blaster-kit-offer-2685-p.asp

Hyperfirm (Send him a PM): http://www.whitearmor.net/forum/user/1330-slavefive/

Edited by T K

I was referring to hyperfirm, I saw there was a website but I didn't know how to order the blaster. Is that him on the thread?

My shoulder bells stick out too far and my biceps hang too low. I am finding that the suggested Velcro placement Anovos provides doesn't seem to work right. Does anyone use a different system or do I just need to keep playing with it until it works?post-29429-147970198934_thumb.jpg

Edited by AlphaZulu

Better to ditch both the Anovos strapping and recommendations entirely. Ukswarth's thread here at FISD is the go-to source for how to properly build an Anovos kit.

But since you asked ... you need to reduce the length of the shoulder strapping - the shoulder bells should almost touch the plastic shoulder bridges. As for the biceps, you can either hang them from the straps that run across the bottom of the shoulder bells using homemade bicep hooks (i.e. the Han Solo hooks), or internally strap them to the shoulders using black 1" wide elastic.

• Like 1