501st Approved & Assembled TFA Armor - Thoughts?

Flyrail47

Hi,

I bought this armor before I knew about FISD and the eBay Armor page, so I'm curious what everyone thinks in terms of hindsight:

http://www.ebay.com/...cvip=true&rt=nc

Before buying, I asked him a few questions:

• Where did you get the armor? - He said it was the 3rd gen prototype offered to 501st members to promote TFA
  • Can you prove its authenticity? - His evidence were pictures of the helmet that showed a black liner which was only offered by Anovos as well as a picture of the original Anovos Box
  • Are you a member of the 501st? - He provided a link to his 501st profile where "the main photo on my listing is what they used to make my profile picture on the member page for this suit."
  • How would I replace the gaskets? - He complained about how you had to use Weir's glue for the Anovos gaskets, and recommended Imperial Gaskets for replacements

Thoughts?

William first off welcome to the FISD! , As you've probably gathered armor from eBay is usually a bad thing especially fully assembled armor. Even if it was approved it was approved for him and that doesn't necessarily mean that it will be for you. If the two of you are the same build then at best you might need to shim or adjust the chest piece/redo the strapping to make sure all the gaps are correct for your body and unfortunately at worst hang it on a mannequin and you have a expensive conversation starter. One you get it look for armor parties with your garrison and read as many build threads as you can! I'm trying to think who it was that did an amazing job on a ATA armor rebuild if I run across it I'll post the link.

Thanks Mike! I appreciate your advice. The seller is actually 1in taller than me and has slightly different height-weight proportions, but thankfully it's not too big of a mismatch. Regardless of the good and bad feelings from trying to fit & adapt the armor, I've thoroughly enjoyed the learning experience and hope to have my own set approved in the future.

It's worth noting that costume "approval" doesn't transfer with a costume between people, so you'll have to talk to your GML to get the costume approved on you (and make any necessary adjustments to make it approvable).

This is the build thread I was referring to. <a data-ipb='nomediaparse' href='http://www.whitearmor.net/forum/topic/29683-anh-stunt-ata-re-build-part-1/?fromsearch=1'>http://www.whitearmor.net/forum/topic/29683-anh-stunt-ata-re-build-part-1/?fromsearch=1</a><br><br>

Tony does a great job rebuilding what most would have chalked up to as an expensive lesson!

• Like 1