AM 2.0 Shoulder Bells Help

looking the AM 2.0 shoulder bells there very boxy compared to other troopers I have seen. Trying to figure put if or how to go about trimming them to be less box like and more oval shaped. Any advise would be greatly appreciated.

AM 2.0 on the left AM 1.0 on the right

A1A6DCB5-9B23-4816-A6AA-7932FECF77DA_zps

You can see the AM 2.0 there more box shaped has anyone else ran in to this issue?

That does seem a bit strange, Stephen... how old are the different sets?.  I have an AM 2.0 kit, and mine are shaped like the one on the right.  I don't think (but I may be wrong) that you can alter the shape of the ones on the left.  Hopefully someone can be of more help....

This is a close-up of my AM 2.0

73db9676-8026-4a33-96fe-c94fd810476f_zps

Hey Stephen my suggestion would be to trim the bells if you have shoulder room. If you can maintain the same clearance between the bells and the shoulder covers then trim the bells. Edit NOTE: There should be little to no gap between the bell and chest plate. Removing the lower bell return edge will also move the bells closer to the chest plate which should assist if you choose to trim the bell edge closest to the chest plate.

Hope this helps

That does seem a bit strange, Stephen... how old are the different sets?.  I have an AM 2.0 kit, and mine are shaped like the one on the right.  I don't think (but I may be wrong) that you can alter the shape of the ones on the left.  Hopefully someone can be of more help....

This is a close-up of my AM 2.0

73db9676-8026-4a33-96fe-c94fd810476f_zps

The one on the left is Sept 15 the one on the right was around Sept 14, they recently redid the molding. I reached out to trooper gear to ask about it and this is the response I got

"Yours are newer and more accurate. There were most of the lien once which is why we upgraded our molds. You'll notice your chest back and firearms are different too unfortunately those molds are retired and we no longer pull them"

So now I am trying to figure out how to not be so box like in the shoulders and more uniform like the rest of the TK in my garrison. 

Hey Stephen my suggestion would be to trim the bells if you have shoulder room. If you can maintain the same clearance between the bells and the shoulder covers then trim the bells. Edit NOTE: There should be little to no gap between the bell and chest plate. Removing the lower bell return edge will also move the bells closer to the chest plate which should assist if you choose to trim the bell edge closest to the chest plate.

Hope this helps

there is a very very small return edge on the inside of the bell, and looking at upgrading to a more stronger elastic to hold them up. and i have room in the side the bell as my shoulder are more curved then boxed just not sure how much to trim as trooper gear doesn't sell individual parts so if i screw up the bells it could be a long time before I can get them replaced. 

there is a very very small return edge on the inside of the bell, and looking at upgrading to a more stronger elastic to hold them up. and i have room in the side the bell as my shoulder are more curved then boxed just not sure how much to trim as trooper gear doesn't sell individual parts so if i screw up the bells it could be a long time before I can get them replaced. 

If you take a little bit off at a time you should have the opportunity to stop before going too far. It doesn't look bad btw.

It looks to me like the AM 2.0 shoulders are very deep, compared to the AM 1.0. Which is great, but maybe there are too deep?

I would trim maybe a half inch off around the lip where the shoulder bell meets the chest and back armor. 

try that, then take some pics. Make sure the bells are almost touching the ribbed shoulder bridges.

• Like 2