Issues with my Undersuit

Rookhelm

I got my undersuit from stormtrooperundersuit in May.  I haven't completed my kit yet, so I've only worn it a few times while fitting my armor.  I haven't trooped in it or even worn it out of the house.

The shiny part of it has started to peel terribly.  not sure what to do about it.  I'm well outside my return period, but I have emailed them anyway and awaiting their reply.

This is the suit I got: https://www.stormtrooperundersuit.com/first-order-stormtrooper-undersuit.html

And here is the peeling:

s7FaIac.jpg

5v2bwF9.jpg

Is this an indication that it is too small?  If so, the next size up seems way to big.  The site claims this suit goes up to 6'2", but it's pretty snug on me at 6'0".  I'm also pretty big around the middle, so maybe I'm too "wide" for it.  

Is the shiny area even necessary?  Should I just let it peel, and peel it all off?  Any way to fix it?  Should I just get something else?

Any and all ideas are welcome.

Edited by gmrhodes13
photos updated gmrhodes13 2021

They need to replace it. I have two of these suits with no prolems

I'll ask if an exchange is possible, but unfortunately, I've had the suit for at least 2 months now and just now discovered the problem.  I don't even know how recent the peeling is.  Could have happened a week ago or the first time i put it on.

I do have an area that's peeling but it's because the armor rubs in that area. Like yours mine is skin tight but I'm not having the issues yours is. I would tell them you just recently starting using it when you noticed the concern.

I've basically laid out that I've barely worn it since I got it.  Haven't worn it with full armor (only to fit on individual pieces), I haven't worn it out of the house let alone trooped in it.  The most strenuous thing I've done with it is sit down in a chair a few times.

I didn't straight up ask for an exchange (though in my 2nd email I did), but rather I asked what their recommendation was.  This is their reply:

Morning Brian, It could indicate to small a size or washed on a higher heat.  Regards

I certainly haven't washed it either.  

With yours, are you just leaving the peeling area as is?  Are you trying to glue it or repair it in some way?  Is the peeling getting worse?
Edited by Rookhelm