Armor for a short person

I've searched through threads, but most of what I've found is for people who are around 5'8". I'm right at 5 foot tall, and I'd like to join the 501st as a stormtrooper. I'm ready for the inevitable "Aren't you a little short for a stormtrooper?" jokes. How do I go about getting armor for my size? I'll need to do trimming, but starting off with a small kit would be helpful. Any tips would be helpful.

Hi Rachel, we have a 4'11" trooper in our garrison who troops a few times a month. She has a trimmed down ATA.

Walter's Trooper Factor I believe makes youngsta kits but you may be too big. You can find him on Facebook

BTW, welcome to the FISD great to have you here.  

Wow.... I suddenly feel kinda tall.... (5"4)

Hello and welcome to FISD.

Sorry I can't be to helpful here, my armour is AP (trimmed down) and hopefully I'll be getting another for TD.

Thanks for the quick reply and the welcome! I can't seem to find Walter on Facebook though. If it's not a bother, may I have the link?

FB - WTF: Walt's Trooper Factory

I am 5'6 and mine is AP. I think that is a good all around armor that can be sized down fairly easily.

You can also look into a Scout. That is what I started with. It can be sized down for us smaller folks without much in the way of trimming. Plus, we can sit, move and see, so you got that going for you, which is nice.

And don't worry about the short jokes, I hear even tall troopers get that line.

Edited by Smiling Fox

I can't speak for everyone, but I like being so short that other people feel taller. :) Without short people, there would be no tall people.

Thanks ukswrath! For some reason it wouldn't come up in a regular FB search.

I hadn't thought much about a scout trooper, although I do like the look. Being able to sit would be a major plus. :D I will seriously look into that. And short jokes? My original post does make it sound like I dislike them, but I actually like them. Even if I've heard the same ones over and over again. "How is the weather down there?" Or how about that armrest one? It's actually hilarious to me. I'm only 16 so there's a chance of growing taller, but my mom is my height so I'm pretty sure I won't get much taller.

• Like 1

Try this:

https://m.facebook.com/groups/612005498911674?ref=bookmarks

Once in, ask for suggestions on what the best route is for you based on your size and charger desire. Walt's pretty good about helping customers.

He's also on FISD so you might run across him here as well.

Sent from my SM-N920T using Tapatalk

And short jokes? My original post does make it sound like I dislike them, but I actually like them. Even if I've heard the same ones over and over again. "How is the weather down there?" Or how about that armrest one? It's actually hilarious to me.

I'd share some short people jokes, but they'd probably just go over your head...

I will show myself out now.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

I just wanted to stop by again and say thanks allot for steering me in the right direction. Waiting for that big brown box of TB armor to arrive. :) I'm leaving the FISD for now, until later when I start itching to be a TK.  ;)

I'd share some short people jokes, but they'd probably just go over your head...
I will show myself out now.

Wow.  :th_AnimatedBravoSmiley:

Edited by MiniTrooper