Bought SDS Armor off of Ebay

sithorder66

I purchased it about a month ago.  It was listed as AA ANH stunt, but in actuality it is Battle Spec.  Im kind of disappointed.  But it is what it is.  My question to you guys would be:  Since it's not glossy like the kits Ive seen while squiring for my local garrison, should I just turn this armor into a TD right from the get go, or do you think it's worth trooping in as is?  Im kind of torn.  Im living proof that you can get rooked on ebay as I paid full (battle spec) price for this kit and its used.

Also - if I decide to go the TD route, what is the process for the abdomen changes? Are there kits?

Ive browsed this site and have seen that others have earned centurion with SDS battle spec.  Maybe it's buyers remorse.  I don't know.

Hello and welcome aboard.

To get you kit shinny, you can use ABS polish like Novus or you can use car wax like Mcguire or somethings like that.

Everything is possible with some elbow grease ;)

Sent from my iPhone 6 using Tapatalk

It can get reasonably polished, yes. A drill with polishing mop comes in handy. As already noted, the Novus polish is good stuff.<br><br>

I troop in my SDS, but had to get a lot of tweaks done to pass UKG muster.

Thanks everyone.  I ordered the Novus scratch remover and polish off of Amazon. I'll give that a whirl. I also repair a small crack on the back of the thigh with some homemade abs sludge. Thank the maker that this site exists.  Appreciate the help. 

On the TD front -  Whats the process in switching the abdomen for a tk over to a td?  Are there boxes, or is it the base TK armor with the box buttons removed?

Edited by sithorder66

It all depends on who made your kit.  I'm not familiar with yours, but a lot of makers have a base "TD" ab plate with a "TK" button plate to go over it.  The 4-button strip to the side *should* be replaced with a strip with 3, larger buttons.